Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service schedule?

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Where can I find the service schedules for my California? There used to be a time when you could look in your service book an see when a cam belt change, pollen filter, brake fluid change etc etc was required.
In my service book there is nothing to suggest when such actions need to be carried out and speaking to two separate dealers neither convinced me when for example a cam belt should be changed. One said at 4yrs and another 5 yrs!
I’d just like to know when things need to be done so I can put them in my calendar.

The cambelt is now 4 years. VW changed it from 5. Whilst doing cambelt it is recommended to also change water pump.
Sorry can't help more than that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Many on forum say it should be done after 4 yrs but CVS Canterbury say recommended interval is 5 yrs.
Found this on FAQ's on VW customer help website:
How often should I change my cambelt?
We recommend a cambelt change interval at 4 years for cars registered before September 2009, 5 years thereafter. Customers who reach the recommended mileage limited on their vehicles cambeltsbefore 4 or 5 years maybe advised to change their cambelt sooner.

PS My Cali is 2014 SE 140 with 27k miles...

Just found this on VW commercial website:

When should the cambelt be replaced on my Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle?

• The recommended service intervals for your vehicle can be located inside your service schedule. Wear to cam belts will vary and are subject to driving style, types of use. Your Volkswagen Van Centre will advise when a replacement is required. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK recommend that you have your cambelt replaced every four years irrespective of driven mileage. Should you have any queries, please contact your nearest Van Centre.
Hmmmmm ... looks like am being given duff info

Don't have that problem. 4 yrs old in December, 80,000 miles by then so already booked in.

Don't forget there are other items that are time limited as well as milage.
AirCon, every 2 years. DSG oil and filter as well as Haldex oil if a 4Motion. Also Brake/Clutch fluid and Coolant are time limited as well.

Many thanks to all respondents.
Coincidentally yesterday I was enquiring of a Midlands VW Commercial dealer about servicing as I was going that way and could drop it off.
I was informed that cam belts are now changed at 3 years!!
Given all the mixed messages I sometimes wonder if some dealers aren’t trying to feather their nests!
It would be interesting to know why VW changed their time limited period for belts. Was it because belts were failing under 5 yrs or was it to drum up more service business for their dealers?

Many thanks to all respondents.
Coincidentally yesterday I was enquiring of a Midlands VW Commercial dealer about servicing as I was going that way and could drop it off.
I was informed that cam belts are now changed at 3 years!!
Given all the mixed messages I sometimes wonder if some dealers aren’t trying to feather their nests!
It would be interesting to know why VW changed their time limited period for belts. Was it because belts were failing under 5 yrs or was it to drum up more service business for their dealers?
All absurd, my Volvo V50 required a belt change at 10 years or 100,000 miles, why do VW fit cam belts with such a short life span? As you surmise it is probably predictable income for the dealer that drives this policy.