Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service time...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Morning all...
We bought our T4 back in February (1999 MY) and its now displaying in the odometer 800km to next service... (was quite surprised a 99 plate has the wherewithal to know its own service schedule!)
We've a few trips planned in the coming months that will take it way over that, so plan to get it done in the next few weeks.

First job is to find a good trustworthy, honest, local garage who I can trust with the task (that should be fun!)...

It has around 174k (km) on the clock and its in the service book that the timing belt was changed at 152k.
Being as its our 'first' service since taking ownership, any pointers for what i should ask the garage to look at and what should be the 'must do' points?

Also, whats a ball-park figure for such a service (I know that won't translate too well to Belgian prices, but want to have an idea what I'm look at...). Basically any advice on this front will greatly appreciated :thumb

Cheers,

Matt

Check the date of the timing belt change as us T4's fall into the same mileage AND time limits (5 years I think) as the T5's. Service book only refers to miles, but later updates refer to time.

As well as advice above you should just need oil/filters. Make sure the fuel filter is changed.

Depending on your skills/facilities it's really quite a simple job, about 1.5hours from overalls on to beer.

P.

Thanks guys... I used to do my own servicing for my old Landy, but there were no ECU's on that... I thought for the first one under our ownership I'd let someone do it with the right gear...
But then how do you deal with the ECU hookup?

ECUs are overrated. I don't have one. Old School.

I agree that oils and filters should be enough so long as you keep an eye on brake performance / shoe depth. I think the service indicator can be reset with some odd routine with the key (and perhaps the trip recorder???) so no need to program from a PC or similar. I'm sure the trick will be explained on the T4 forum.

I agree that oils and filters should be enough so long as you keep an eye on brake performance / shoe depth. I think the service indicator can be reset with some odd routine with the key (and perhaps the trip recorder???) so no need to program from a PC or similar. I'm sure the trick will be explained on the T4 forum.

indeed... here it is:
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56011

Back