Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Services on route (Discovery media pro)

What clue?
What happens when you are abroad and the motorway signs are all in "double dutch" and you don't have time to translate the information you are presented with quickly whilst driving?

What happens when you are abroad and the motorway signs are all in "double dutch" and you don't have time to translate the information you are presented with quickly whilst driving?
Never had a problem in Europe or further afield. They tend to use standard symbols for Parking, Fuel, Refreshments etc that most people recognise and understand.

And for those who have a problem abroad, a small selection of symbols used often with distance in KM marked alongside.

IMG_2352.jpeg

Do you tour Europe only visiting motorway services?
No, but I do tend to find most non- motorway/trunk road services tend to be close to or in the towns and villages along my route, not in the middle of nowhere so as I near such my Satnav shows the parking, fuel and restaurants etc in the vicinity and rarely do such establishments have their own parking so park then walk, unless you just want fuel as the garages tend to be on the road you are travelling and often have toilets as well.

Never had a problem in Europe or further afield. They tend to use standard symbols for Parking, Fuel, Refreshments etc that most people recognise and understand.

No, but I do tend to find most non- motorway/trunk road services tend to be close to or in the towns and villages along my route, not in the middle of nowhere so as I near such my Satnav shows the parking, fuel and restaurants etc in the vicinity and rarely do such establishments have their own parking so park then walk, unless you just want fuel as the garages tend to be on the road you are travelling and often have toilets as well.
Why is this so confusing to some?

Excellent. Thankyou, You are now in agreement with the original question, how does the OP do this on their Sat Nav System?

Excellent. Thankyou, You are now in agreement with the original question, how does the OP do this on their Sat Nav System?
Not really. He mentioned Motorways and my SatNav only shows these POIs at short range, less than 5 miles so I depend on Road Signs that tell me how far the next Motorway services are or how far to next village/town.

He mentioned Motorways and my SatNav only shows these POIs at short range, less than 5 miles
In the current VW software if you select the POI of services after you have selected your destination, it will default to only listing those that are actually on the route you are about to take, it lists them in order of distance from where you are & gives both time and distance & covers the full trip.

If you choose the POI before selecting a destination it shows all services in distance order in all directions from where you currently are.

Admittedly I think to get this information is 3 presses which is more than the OP wanted.

Once you start to use the VW system its pretty clever & seems to offer just about everything that other systems do.

Haha, well I am deffo a tight and grumpy old man :D I will do anything to avoid using a motorway service for food or diesel. We carry all the food we need in the van and as for diesel I plan ahead and use the Petrol Prices app to find a fuel station close along the way. As for Sat Nav I think Google and Waze run rings around the plodding and out of date VW nav.

Back