Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Traffic button on VW T6 Discover Media Plus Navigation system doesn't work

Still getting to grips with the built in Discover Media sat nav.
Mine is online via either the VW car stick or mifi and I've been playing around with searching for addresses.
Seem to recall reading that it was not possible or at least not easy to plan a route by imputing a postcode.

If you see the image below I can do it by selecting online POIs and then entering the postcode in the field marked "test" then touch where it says "online destinations" works fine.

c6ce04d74f4c10ecf3fbb8d315ae0372.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Ok you can also enter postcode without being online.
Select "new dest"

Touch flag in top right and select "address"

Touch "city"

Select "Ptcd" in bottom left corner

Enter postcode.

Sorted

Mike

Good evening all,
Just driven from Dublin to Montpellier, France where we have enjoyed the last week in the sun.
Unfortunately I made the mistake of using the cali sat nav leaving Holyhead...
I was directed straight into the M6 nightmare last Friday 8th of September after leaving Holyhead at 16:30.... The sat nav directed from correctly from the M56 to the M6 and boom.... sat on the motorway for 1 hour before moving again..... ended up missing my Eurotunnel train at midnight and it was 03:00 before finding an Aire in Arras, France before I got to go to stop for the night.
The only way I can get the traffic feature to work is if I connect my data connection from my phone to the sat nav..... other wise there is a constant diagonal line through the TMC at the top of the screen and no traffic updates
I give up... :headbang:headbang
Thanks for all your input and advise
It is much appreciated :thumb:thumb

Back