Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing

Fred holland

Fred holland

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Not sure if this has been covered already. I bought a new ocean last year and vw text me to say it is due for a service. When I bought the van I was told it was set for 20k miles or 2 years. Having had audi's over the last god knows how long I am used to the car telling me it needs a service. Does the cali tell you? Or are vw right and it needs a service? I phoned vw and he said text are automatically sent out and has changed it to 2 years. I was reading about habitation checks but not sure. Thanks in advance.

Been discussed at length if you do a search. It’s up to you. Personally, I don’t subscribe to long life servicing on a relatively low mileage diesel vehicle. It’s designed for transporters being hammered down the motorway doing 30K miles a year. Every 10K miles or 12 months for me, whichever comes first.

I get a oil service light come on at about 11 months and 15k so even though set for long life service Our has minor or major about once a year.

Not sure if this has been covered already. I bought a new ocean last year and vw text me to say it is due for a service. When I bought the van I was told it was set for 20k miles or 2 years. Having had audi's over the last god knows how long I am used to the car telling me it needs a service. Does the cali tell you? Or are vw right and it needs a service? I phoned vw and he said text are automatically sent out and has changed it to 2 years. I was reading about habitation checks but not sure. Thanks in advance.
I suppose its really up to you. I have ours done every 2 years but you can do it as regular as you like...Im sure VW wont mind if you took it in every 6 months...

1. You don't require a Habitation check, that's for caravans and motorhomes that can let in water via the panel seams. You don't require a Gas check but if you want one your local Caravan Centre should be able to arrange.
2. The Dashboard MFD will tell you when you require an Oil Change or Inspection. The Oil quality is monitored so could last 20K miles or 10K depending on the types of journeys you do.

VW most probably sent the wrong information to the wrong person about the wrong topic knowing them, I service mine every 12 months, I Have only done 3k this year due to family commitments but will still have its service.

Good afternoon,

I decided to get a oel service every year (small service) and a full service every 2nd year. This mirrors the intervals in the Service Handbook. I believe this ensures that the van gets the best service.

Also, the van goes for a check-up (free) before bigger / longer journeys (I mean long ones).

Regards,
Eberhard

I have LL service every 2 years. Then I have done nearly 20 - 30 000km. No use in paying more for the same result.
It is my daily driver, but to work is only 12 km, so not that long. Just the couple of journeys through the year make the most kms. Have not had any problems in doing so, apart from EGR and a temp sensor. But that is not service related.

Thanks for all the replies. I will wait for the mfd to inform me. I do around 14k miles a year so shouldn’t be far away.

Thanks for all the replies. I will wait for the mfd to inform me. I do around 14k miles a year so shouldn’t be far away.
I cannot see why people wouldn’t get this done every year or even sooner for a 50k plus vehicle they have purchased, ludicrous if you study ANY engine...(I’m a mechanic by trade) for the sake of a hundred quid or so is laughable to all

We all have the choice to do whatever we want with our vehicles..Service Every 2 years..Every year...Every 6 months...There is also overkill....Your money...You choose..

Minor service every year at the MOT time. Major service by Moi at 40k. New rear discs and brembo to go on the back, fuel filter, air and pollen.

Air and pollen done and boy they were dirty so thinking that these intervals need to be reduced.

We have changed the oil change reminder from 30k to 15k kilometre and we change oil plus filter at least once a year regardless the amount of kilometres.. we drive a T5 Cali, AXD 2.5l 130hp, 2006 version.
Fuel filter we changed at 125k kilometre. We recently changed diff oil, 4 motion gearbox oil. All other fluids according to the normal service intervals...

My two cents,

Frans

For my thoughts Billywizz is right, Ive paid nearly 55k for mine so whatever the van says it needs, it gets. Asset protection!!