Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Share your new toys!

upload_2016-4-15_6-41-12.png

Clive turned up on Wednesday. Mother and baby doing fine.

It's great to drive and thank God for the rear parking camera.

First weekend away starts tonight. All we have to do is pack it and go. Woo hoo!

Next Purchase - we're thinking of the external windscreen cover. Get a fair bit of condensation on the front screen as we've been using the heater (only on 1) and 4 people in the van. Guessing this would help & so a call to Comfortz will be probably made soon.

If you are getting lots of condensation then an external cover may help BUT, 4 people exhale a lot of water overnight and if the cover stops it on the windscreen then it will just condense out on the other cold surfaces in the vehicle i.e.: external body panels in cupboards and wardrobe/storage cupboards and behind the trim panels.
Adequate Ventilation is much more important. :thumb

View attachment 13272

Clive turned up on Wednesday. Mother and baby doing fine.

It's great to drive and thank God for the rear parking camera.

First weekend away starts tonight. All we have to do is pack it and go. Woo hoo!
Looks very much like the van I saw parked up by Wanstead Flats yesterday afternoon when walking the dog! Lucky you and I bet you are excited with your new toy! Can't wait to get mine!

@RIK. Can I ask about your extra chrome detailing on the sides and lower bumper intake? Did you buy this separately from VW? I noticed this bright ware on a high spec caravelle in the dealership I bought my van from, and noted how well it looked. Also is it me or are my eyes deceiving me but it looks like you have extra chrome on the top edge of the upper grille bars too? Final question... What wheel diameter do you have and I'm guessing you have your van lowered with the 30mm springs from VW? I must say your van looks very well sorted.

@RIK. Can I ask about your extra chrome detailing on the sides and lower bumper intake? Did you buy this separately from VW? I noticed this bright ware on a high spec caravelle in the dealership I bought my van from, and noted how well it looked. Also is it me or are my eyes deceiving me but it looks like you have extra chrome on the top edge of the upper grille bars too? Final question... What wheel diameter do you have and I'm guessing you have your van lowered with the 30mm springs from VW? I must say your van looks very well sorted.
Hi Days out
I orderd the van with the chrome pack option this also gave the black b post,
The van was lowered at the dealers with the 30 MM. springs from the options list.
The wheels l did a lot of research on and to get the right look,the wheels are Hawke Chatyon 20 x 8.5 and tyres are Goodyear excellence 275/ 40 / 20 and fill the arches nicely

@RIK. Thanks for the information regarding chrome pack. I have not seen this pack listed in the brochure (November 2015 issue). I will check with my dealer about getting this and if need be fitting it myself. It really looks good. You are spot on with those rims too. So as you say 8.5J width packs the tyres nicely to the arches. I'm going for the same VW 30mm lowering kit, and although my van will come with 17" cascavels in anthracite, I will upgrade to 20" for sure. I'm guessing the insurance company accepted the modifications ok, did this affect your premium much? Thanks for the detail again, this is a great help. So glad I've found likeminded people out there with a wealth of advice and information who are happy to advise and help...

Quechua Base shelter. Used at the weekend for the first time and great to have the extra space. Didn't use it too much as weather dry but sure it'll prove invaluable - even if just for a camping shed! We made sure that we'd watched the you tube video's and so got it packed away ok (phew!). We moved the rear seat slightly forward to create a gap between the rear shelf and seats and then stored it standing up in the gap - able to pack around it a lot easier then.
Chucky - couldn't agree more about the Base Seconds shelter. We take it every time and it's the first thing that goes up and then its the shed, cooking room if the weather's bad, dressing room, bag storage room, even night toilet if we're wild camping. It frees up all the space in the van and is so simple and fast to put up (and collapse again, once you have the knack!), it should almost be standard equipment. We always put it up so the 'porch' tucks just under the extended awning, with a couple of beach mats laid out between, and it's perfect.
Also, highly recommend the Comfortz external quilted windscreen cover - excellent bit of kit. As is the Cali Cosy...

Yes, that's the one! And there's a separate ground sheet you can buy which Velcro's into the tent perfectly- well worth the (not much) extra money imo.
It seems that the ground sheet is discontinued though.
I guess I need that as well on a normal summer in Sweden so I guess the best choice is the XL Air.

You're right - can't see the one that fits the Base Seconds exactly, but this one looks to be the same material, just not quite a perfect fit. It has a big brother (3x4m) too.

Attachments

• Tapis de sol 2 m x 2,5 m - Decathlon.pdf
    576.3 KB · Views: 12