Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Share your new toys!

Rhyddin

Rhyddin

A T6 Beach, named Dory
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Evening all.

With T6s arriving every day, and the March 1st registration just days away in the UK, can I please ask that as many of you as possible share photos of your fantastic new Californias.

My Beach hasn't been built yet and I am so excited about seeing yours as they arrive; it helps me maintain my enthusiasm while sharing in yours!

(Though I'm keen to see all the new vans, selfishly, I have to say that Beaches with the comfort dash are especially welcome to post lots of pictures ;)).

Evening all.

With T6s arriving every day, and the March 1st registration just days away in the UK, can I please ask that as many of you as possible share photos of your fantastic new Californias.

My Beach hasn't been built yet and I am so excited about seeing yours as they arrive; it helps me maintain my enthusiasm while sharing in yours!

(Though I'm keen to see all the new vans, selfishly, I have to say that Beaches with the comfort dash are especially welcome to post lots of pictures ;)).
Hi Rhyddin,

We have been given a sneak peek at our new Cali today which we pick up on Thursday. Will post more pics when we have the keys :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I saw mine on Friday but didn't take any pics as I think it looks awful without any window tint (booked for Wednesday). So, would people appreciate some pics of it without privacy glass to see what it looks like? Otherwise I'll wait until it looks presentable!

Calikev you're so demanding! I'll arm my (so far willing...) neighbour with a phone to take pics. Actually I think he's secretly enjoying this as much as me. I just hope his wife doesn't hate me when he comes home suggesting they need to buy a T6... eek.

Looks realy good, we can not wait found out saturday my one arived at the dealers pound so could not could not get any photos, I will post some when I am able to get my eyes on it, Having a few bits done to it so should pick it up middle of next week

Will be going for a trial run day camp this weekend with baby & wife! Also have the drive away awning from Khyam so may try that out too. Will take some pics. Yes it's the factory tint on the windows.

Had a visit with the new van at the dealers today, hopefully picking it up on Friday! Here's a quick couple of pics, will do more once I get my hands on it properly!!

ff9b5b13d25d0b38db2a09de1647359c.jpg

71602ceb74101ea9c4e73cb185551ef2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well we picked up our Cali (mojave beige Ocean 150 manual) a week ago and first trip away this weekend. Only a little trip down to kingsdown (near Deal in Kent). Nice site on the top of the White cliffs with a great pub on the beach (Zetland Arms). Site on a slope though as so might need some leveling blocks for when we go back. 5 vans on the site and four VW's.

Great weekend getting to grips with the van - lots to learn but thanks to all the information we've gained on the forum it has made it a lot easier than it might have been! More trips planned for Easter and kids very excited.

image.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 12703 I have now got mine ready with most of the extra bits done
Hi RIK, notice you have the chrome pack. How much were you charged? We have this on our order and I think my dealer took the price from the shuttle price list. Am probably being overcharged since the shuttle has less chrome on the grill as standard.... Cheers!

Hi RIK, notice you have the chrome pack. How much were you charged? We have this on our order and I think my dealer took the price from the shuttle price list. Am probably being overcharged since the shuttle has less chrome on the grill as standard.... Cheers!
I paid £285.00 plus vat then got discount on final deal

Ditto £285

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent, many thanks both of you! Will query with the dealer. Now what accessories could I spend the saving on.....

Well a month into our T6 adventure and loving every minute. Been away 3 times with the kids and many miles of smiles traveled. Thought I'd add a bit on our purchases which might be of use to someone.

What we ordered : T6 Ocean Mojave Beige Manual 150.
Options added :
5th seat. (An expensive bedroom chair at the moment!)
Black Awning.
Comfort Sleeping Mattress. (We're used to a hard bed and this works fine for us)
Discovery Navigation Plus. (A bit of a luxury for us and haven't fully got to grips with it yet - got to admit the wife navigates more using google maps on her phone)
Bluetooth Hands-free with Coupling Box. (Dealer added at no extra charge as we had the Sat Nav - not sure if this was necessary to add or not but wasn't going to argue - I like free stuff even when I'm not sure what it does!)
Cruise Control (For the bigger trips - I have adaptive on my Skoda Superb and love it but the option list was running away with itself and so just went for the more basic cruise option which is great)
Front & Rear Sensors (Essential!)
Heated Front Windscreen (Wifes used a few times to clear the frost when in a rush in the morning & forgotten to put the heater on with the remote!)
Multi Function Steering Wheel (Makes driving very simple)
Lights & Vision Package
Mud Flaps
Privacy Glass
Removable Towbar (Great - once you've got the knack of fitting it)

Best bit at the moment - heater! Sure that'll change to wine/beer fridge in the summer though!

Main bits that we've added.
Cali Cozy. Brilliant, keeps it warmer up top where the kids (8 & 5) sleep and just as important, it keeps it nice and dark for them. Bed at 9.30 when away for them and sleep until 8 and so can't complain.
Inka Seat Covers. We were unsure on these. Why have a great looking van interior and then cover it up? We opted for Autoglym to protect the seats but the first trip away we found we were on edge with the kids with the usual mud, food etc. Quick call to Comfortz and Inka seats delivered which are great and much more relaxed all round when away.
QTM Mats. Went for Brown prestige ones . They are great and the little clothes brush we take with us keeps them clean when away (We don't use it for our clothes as well though!)
Sparesafe Lock. Following advice from the Forum. Feel better with it fitted.
Bungee. Again feel better with it fitted and for £13 then why take the risk.
Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Sleep better knowing this is in the van and the heater going. It did go off the first night which put us on edge but a quick google and found out you shouldn't leave your mobile phone next to the alarm. Didn't know that and no such problems since.
Atera Strada DL 3 Bike Rack. Great bit of kit and thanks to those that recommended. We have the 4th bike adapter fitted. Without the bikes on the rack then the tailgate doesn't clear on opening by about 10mm - but applying a little bit of weight to the rack sorts this. With the bikes on, and the first bikes handlebars turned 90 degrees, then the tailgate clears easily. We have found that if we turn the handlebars on all 4 bikes 90 degrees, then its a lot easier to get all the bikes on easily.
Quechua Base shelter. Used at the weekend for the first time and great to have the extra space. Didn't use it too much as weather dry but sure it'll prove invaluable - even if just for a camping shed! We made sure that we'd watched the you tube video's and so got it packed away ok (phew!). We moved the rear seat slightly forward to create a gap between the rear shelf and seats and then stored it standing up in the gap - able to pack around it a lot easier then.

Next Purchase - we're thinking of the external windscreen cover. Get a fair bit of condensation on the front screen as we've been using the heater (only on 1) and 4 people in the van. Guessing this would help & so a call to Comfortz will be probably made soon.

A few other bits purchased such as collapsible kettle and brandup pockets (bought off a forum member) but we had alot of camping equipment before taking ownership of the Cali... which was lucky as think we blew our budget a bit! :) Don't regret it one bit though and thanks to all for advice over the last 6 months which has been invaluable.

Last edited: