Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

She’s injured...

Herman

Herman

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Having the dent pulled out & then filled is the way to go.
Every time I’ve had a welded panel replaced on any vehicle it’s ended up as the first place to rust & the joint with the cill is the most vulnerable bit of the van in the first place.

Absolutely agree; even with VW approved repairers the replaced panels rust.

Guy/Louise

Guy/Louise

Life is for living....
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Have a look at this Facebook post to give you an idea of what’s involved :eek:. Go and speak to a good independent Paintless Dent Removal PDR repairer first.

Goodness me! Thank you for getting the pictures.
It seems full and paint is the way forward. It’s an approved VW body shop so it’s on them!

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I did the same look up bollardgate posts! I think it was £8500 to repair. This is a well known blind spot on cali’s especially when bollard is painted dark green and its dark!
They did a truly amazing job at Twickenham it came back with less squeeks etc than before.
5 years now and no problems at all. However although it was covered on my no claims bonus cover I still have to declare it as an accident of my fault. And I believe my insurance us quite pricey as a result. Good luck

M

Mike Maguire

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Sigh ... well-known blind spot indeed!

trailtrotters

trailtrotters

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Same thing happened to us last year with a very good result courtesy of SJ Curtis body repairs in Bristol. If you search on the following heading I hope you will find my posting of the initial problem and final outcome. We have since visited the California Factory on the excellent tour arranged for this forum where we were interested to see the Ocean habitation equipment is installed as one unit. Good luck.
Habitation removal experts for bodywork repair?

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
When you are considering which option, either repair or replace the panels, remember that the body shop has their own interests at heart and not the customer. I spent many years in that trade...it's all about how much the body shop can rinse the insurer for!

J

Jukebox70

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I’d have thought replacement is better than repair. I’ll talk to the repair shop, Sowton body repairs in Exeter, anyone any experience of them? The repairer is owned by the same people as the Van Centre, I’ve already told them I’d want Simon the master tech to tackle the furniture..he replaced it last year, long story!
I recently had a repair by sowton,. After damage incurred from a roof recall. I had runs in the paintwork and over spray inside the van. Eventually had it sorted but still not 100% happy with the repair.

Guy/Louise

Guy/Louise

Life is for living....
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hey there, thanks for all the advice and suggestions, I decided to go for repair, save my no claims. I asked for photos of the progress and told them I’d be rating them on this forum.
She went in on Monday 9th and should be back with me “seven working days later” and “looking like new”... time will tell!

Our Partners