Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shelves in Wet Room

C

clivebryant

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi All

Just a quick question to ask if anyone else is having problems with their wet room shelving? Ours seem to give way under even the slightest weight, is this a design fault or just our bad luck?

If this is not unique to us, what workarounds have been effective? Duck tape doesn’t appear to work for long...

Cheers
Clive

Hi All

Just a quick question to ask if anyone else is having problems with their wet room shelving? Ours seem to give way under even the slightest weight, is this a design fault or just our bad luck?

If this is not unique to us, what workarounds have been effective? Duck tape doesn’t appear to work for long...

Cheers
Clive
Hi Clive, its a bit surprising they seem very secure in mine, are you able to take a quick photo of how they are fixed.

You see the rail and how the arm hooks over it that is supposed to be a tight fit almost snap in if not try bending the hook in a little more.
Also the arm should also be bent out slightly putting pressure towards the back of the shelf.

That will do it.

Last edited:
Hello clive
Same problem with the shelves on mine waiting to go in for the water pump

We are having this same issue- will give some of these things a try! We had a shelf that just had some rolled up wash cloths give- so practically no weight- but all the shelves with weight dumped too- even behind the mirror.

Happened to one of our shelve's as well.

The bracket at the back of the shelf came away from the wall. It is only glued on so not very strong. I had the dealer re-glue it.

Back