She's here!

Tommy Gun

Tommy Gun

VW & BBQ Boy
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Cali 1.jpg

Hi all.

After what feels like a monumental wait, swivelgate, factory delays....she's home :embarrased
Everything present, everything correct, no issues. EHU charging ok, roof fine & even the little torch was there winking at me.
It's lovely to drive & I'm really pleased with it.

After arrival home I fitted a few essential bits n' bobs such as the spare safe, waterproof seat covers, floor mats etc, then just sat back & surveyed (with a beer in my hand) ..........well worth the wait! :).

Originally (re)ordered 6th or 7th of January
Given Build Week 15
Factory delays due to parts shortages (Heated Front Screen, Silver Awning & something else.)
Arrived at the dealer Monday 6th of June
Collected Tuesday 7th June

Ocean 204 DSG 4Motion
Reflex Silver
Swivelling seats........... :bananadance
1Y4 Differential Lock
UG5 Hill hold Control / hill descent
2MF Heavy duty anti-roll bars
II6 Shower
NF4 Awning in silver
PXE LED headlights with DRL
QL0 Green heat insulating & privacy glass
UI4 USB interface for ipod/iphone
ZE7 Leather Multi function wheel
ZI6 Composition Media with 6.33 screen
Z1Y Side scan with cruise control
Z4A Lights & vision Package
ID2 Removable towbar
2V5 Fresh air intake
3U1 Bed Extension
4GR Heated front windscreen
4Y2 Safe
6K2 Front assist incl City Auto brake
6N2 Front and rear mud flaps
7X8 Front & rear parking sensors with camera
9WT App Connect
VX3 Digital Voice Enhancement
QE6 Storage Net + Second Drawer under rear seat
1G3 Alloy Spare Wheel
2 Year Extended VW Warranty

Just need to get her out & get her used now. Trips planned (so far) are one to Perthshire (camp site) & one to Skye & Wester Ross (wild camping.)

I would like to say thanks to all the folks that have posted photos of their Cali's on the forum. The 'view from/of your van thread has been great for me. Certainly helped keep the excitement up & the frustration (with delays) down.
Hope things speed-up at the factory for those that are waiting - I know how it bloody feels !!

Cheers for now
Tom

You've been rewarded for your patience in fine style there @Tommy Gun - she looks fantastic. love the silver & silver awning combo. Now enjoy!!

very smart - good for you!

That just looks like mine! Except for the awning and 204 and 4wd and I could go on! :D

No, no, no, not envious at all ; enjoy :thumb

Well done Tom. Good timing for the summer.

Mike

Have fun with her and your plans sound great! look forward to some pics about them! sapto

Good news, pleased for you. It's arrived just as the summer seems to. That list of codes will be useful too.

Very nice ,
see you at the meet next week? Perfect test ....

Congratulations. Like you said the posting of photos of new arrivals helps with the waiting. :)

Congratulations! I hope to get mine in two days ;-)

I love the specs. So nice, I thing you will be happy for a looooong time with this one!

Very nice ,
see you at the meet next week? Perfect test ....
Thanks HC.
You're right, it would be a great outing for it & a great trip for me, but I can't make it this time.
My pal @AlisonF will be there, so I will get all the news & photos from her. I will get to one of the big meets in the future for sure, as I'd like to put some faces to the names. Looking forward to the factory tour also. :)

Cheers

Congratulations! I hope to get mine in two days ;-)

I love the specs. So nice, I thing you will be happy for a looooong time with this one!

Really glad to hear that you'll be back on the road soon (after what you've been through..)
Thanks @Kmann & all the best with your new Cali.

View attachment 14321

Hi all.

After what feels like a monumental wait, swivelgate, factory delays....she's home :embarrased
Everything present, everything correct, no issues. EHU charging ok, roof fine & even the little torch was there winking at me.
It's lovely to drive & I'm really pleased with it.

After arrival home I fitted a few essential bits n' bobs such as the spare safe, waterproof seat covers, floor mats etc, then just sat back & surveyed (with a beer in my hand) ..........well worth the wait! :).

Originally (re)ordered 6th or 7th of January
Given Build Week 15
Factory delays due to parts shortages (Heated Front Screen, Silver Awning & something else.)
Arrived at the dealer Monday 6th of June
Collected Tuesday 7th June

Ocean 204 DSG 4Motion
Reflex Silver
Swivelling seats........... :bananadance
1Y4 Differential Lock
UG5 Hill hold Control / hill descent
2MF Heavy duty anti-roll bars
II6 Shower
NF4 Awning in silver
PXE LED headlights with DRL
QL0 Green heat insulating & privacy glass
UI4 USB interface for ipod/iphone
ZE7 Leather Multi function wheel
ZI6 Composition Media with 6.33 screen
Z1Y Side scan with cruise control
Z4A Lights & vision Package
ID2 Removable towbar
2V5 Fresh air intake
3U1 Bed Extension
4GR Heated front windscreen
4Y2 Safe
6K2 Front assist incl City Auto brake
6N2 Front and rear mud flaps
7X8 Front & rear parking sensors with camera
9WT App Connect
VX3 Digital Voice Enhancement
QE6 Storage Net + Second Drawer under rear seat
1G3 Alloy Spare Wheel
2 Year Extended VW Warranty

Just need to get her out & get her used now. Trips planned (so far) are one to Perthshire (camp site) & one to Skye & Wester Ross (wild camping.)

I would like to say thanks to all the folks that have posted photos of their Cali's on the forum. The 'view from/of your van thread has been great for me. Certainly helped keep the excitement up & the frustration (with delays) down.
Hope things speed-up at the factory for those that are waiting - I know how it bloody feels !!

Cheers for now
Tom
Ooh lovely!

Congrats Tommy
indeed all the piccies of new ones makes the waiting wurth wile...
21 days and counting down on my arrival......(orderd mine 30th jan)
cheers
Peter

Fantastic so pleased for you , great looking van and very good choice in your specifications. You will enjoy using them .
Lad up and head off , the adventures are just beginning. Cheers

Hehe Tommy Gun
We need to get that Silver T6 Cali twins pic taken... Maybe this week???
Can't wait to meet her

Bet she'll be worth the wait! I hope you didn't get too used to your parents' motorhome though......!

My Fred's still at the van centre, VW finally authorised the replacement of a by part (something to do with gear electronics), but they hadn't any in stock so having to wait...patiently?!

Funny story: I lost my wee handbag when I returned from Glen Nevis so finally asked van centre, where my van was sent to, to look down the side of the seats....found! So they have kept it in their safe for the last two weeks. Once I knew it would be another week, I sent someone across to retrieve my bag.....they returned with my pac-a-mac!!!!
Bag now found in shoe box in garage awaiting reload when van returns!

Fantastic Cali, enjoy :thumb

Bet she'll be worth the wait! I hope you didn't get too used to your parents' motorhome though......!

My Fred's still at the van centre, VW finally authorised the replacement of a by part (something to do with gear electronics), but they hadn't any in stock so having to wait...patiently?!

Funny story: I lost my wee handbag when I returned from Glen Nevis so finally asked van centre, where my van was sent to, to look down the side of the seats....found! So they have kept it in their safe for the last two weeks. Once I knew it would be another week, I sent someone across to retrieve my bag.....they returned with my pac-a-mac!!!!
Bag now found in shoe box in garage awaiting reload when van returns!

Hey Suzanne, good to hear from you & hope Fred is back on the road soon.

It was a great weekend at our meet in Fort William. So much so, I think we might try & head back in a few weeks time.
Hope you are well & look forward to seeing you next time. :thumb

:bananadanceHi Tommy gun
What a fantastic specification on your new van , looks fantastic .
You will love using both on sites & wild camping .
Out of interest, how much is the extra 2years warranty
We are awaiting our new van , and the dealer has informed , it can only be set up when the van arrives? Nice to see new picks of vans

:bananadanceHi Tommy gun
What a fantastic specification on your new van , looks fantastic .
You will love using both on sites & wild camping .
Out of interest, how much is the extra 2years warranty
We are awaiting our new van , and the dealer has informed , it can only be set up when the van arrives? Nice to see new picks of vans

Hi Del & thanks a lot.

The cost was £329. I paid this seperately on the day of collection.
The extra 2 years' warranty covers the 'Transporter van' aspects of it - not the camping part. So engine, gearbox, 4x4, cab equipment etc should be covered for 5 years. Elevating roof, kitchenette etc are only covered by the standard 3 year warranty. This is my understanding.

I've had big repair bills in the past, so £329 for extra peace of mind during years 4 & 5 was a bargain I thought. I assume it could be transfered to a new owner if I ever decided to sell - so a significant selling feature too.

Hope your van comes soon. They are utterly fantastic - even when they are just sitting there on the drive, never mind camping ;)

Cheers
Tom

Back