Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Time to order

John Herbert

John Herbert

Once a camper ...
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All

Have read and re-read all that I can find on the VW beast that must be purchased I will be settling on the following:
Ocean 204PS DSG
Paint cherry red
Z3F - Wheels standard 17 inch Devonport
1G3 - Devonport spare
ZI6 - Composition 6.33 inch radio
PAC - Adaptive cruise control
7X2 - Front and rear parking sensors
Z1Y - Side scan with cruise control
ZE7 - Leather multi function steering wheel
1N3 - Servotronic steering
2E4 - 17 inch chassis and 17 inch brake
GX5 - electric sliding door
ZL6 - chrome package
NF1 - awning black
6N2 - mud flaps
2V5 - fresh air intake
QLO - privacy glass

Specify ROTATING front seats

Response from dealer was to drop the 17 inch discs (maybe part of the standard Ocean package) and to include instead the not spec'd the Z4A Lights and Vision package (whatever that is). Will be trying to find out when I see him face to face. In meantime thanks for the answers to so many of my questions.

On the road in 2017!

I would drop the electric door and get the discover media as well as save on the steel wheel spare

Hi,
I'd also recommend the Lights & Vision Package, as your dealer suggested (auto wipers & auto lights.)

You might want to consider 'QE6 Storage Net'
Gives you just that above the driver's head (it easily slides out the way for access to the top bunk) & a second drawer under the rear seat (instead of the load through blanking plate.) The second drawer is a winner & the real reason we went for this option.

7X8 Front & rear parking sensors with camera.
I see you've already gone for the parking sensors. Good call. The camera is not essential, but very nice to have. The picture is very good too.

Towbar Prep (for future proofing.) Sorry - don't have the brochure to hand for the code.

Good luck

As @Geezso said, I'd drop the expensive spare alloy. Someone might nick it anyway!
If you're doing the 6.33 stereo makes sure you add app connect too. Mirrors your smart phone (Apple or android) and makes the Nav upgrade not necessary as your phone maps become a very decent sat Nav.
Having seen @Rhyddin and his electric sliding door it's def on the spec list for my next van.

Thanks for responses.
Geezso - electric sliding door, jury seems to be undecided on this. For some it's a must have for others it's just someting else to go wrong. Current thought is to drop this.
- alloy spare wheel, good advice to just have the "free" steel spare wheel.
- Discovery media, I know my limits when it comes to high tech. Will be opting for a stand alone Snooper system (worked perfectly well in a previous Hymer motorhome incarnation) to find my way around and to locate camp sites.
TommyGun - Your thought to order item QE6 is sound, did not know about the included second drawer, will include.
As to the rear camera it is, as far as I can make out, actually a reversing camera only actuated when in reverse gear. Going back to my Hymer a rear view mirror gives a view of what is coming up from behind (like a rear view mirror, which I can use!) and can be switched to look down when reversing. I may retro fit at some time just that. The suggestion to install a tow bar pre-pep item 1D7 is something I may well include.
Daveyboydanger - You also recommend swapping the expensive alloy spare wheel for the free steel one.

Thanks to all

+1 for the storage net/extra drawer option.

Once VW ordered am planning to arrange via Brandrup Holland to supply, for creature comfort, an iEXTEND bed plus a porta potti kit - to become my little hotel on wheels. The ultimate grown up kid's Fisher Price toy.

Dream on.

Thanks for responses.
Geezso - electric sliding door, jury seems to be undecided on this. For some it's a must have for others it's just someting else to go wrong. Current thought is to drop this.
- alloy spare wheel, good advice to just have the "free" steel spare wheel.
- Discovery media, I know my limits when it comes to high tech. Will be opting for a stand alone Snooper system (worked perfectly well in a previous Hymer motorhome incarnation) to find my way around and to locate camp sites.
TommyGun - Your thought to order item QE6 is sound, did not know about the included second drawer, will include.
As to the rear camera it is, as far as I can make out, actually a reversing camera only actuated when in reverse gear. Going back to my Hymer a rear view mirror gives a view of what is coming up from behind (like a rear view mirror, which I can use!) and can be switched to look down when reversing. I may retro fit at some time just that. The suggestion to install a tow bar pre-pep item 1D7 is something I may well include.
Daveyboydanger - You also recommend swapping the expensive alloy spare wheel for the free steel one.

Thanks to all

From my own experience, if you think that you might like a reversing camera fitted the get one done now. Nightmare retrospectively.

Gillian its about £700 for an aftermarket camera that will work with the T6 stereo, fully fitted from local autosound and vision company. The expensive part is the loom from VW, rest is relatively inexpensive.

Hi, Can someone explain what the second drawer option is please? About to order but I didn't know about this option? Thanks in advance. Any photos?

Does anyone know if the extra drawer (Option QE6) would apply to a 2 Seater Beach?

Back