Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Should 3 seat rear bench be so stiff to move back and forth

Redders73

Redders73

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
T6 Beach with 3 seat rear bench.
Since purchase around 6 months ago I’m starting to think the rear 3 seat bench should not be so hard to move back and forth.
It does move BUT needs so much effort and strength.

Should the wheels underneath rotate ( they don’t)

Want to have a bit more knowledge before talking to dealer.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

It is a heavy thing to move. Best position is to sit near the middle pull the handle and push/pull. I found it harder to move than our 2 seater in our old se.
If it's still difficult you might have debris in the runners. Time to get the toothbrush and hoover out. Pull out the covers, behind the front seats, then you can run a small toothbrush down the rails and suck up anything that's there.

Thanks - I’ll check for debris.
Pulling forward is easier than pushing back.
I find I have to go to the rear and pull from there. It’s far from smooth - more like short bursts of effort required.

My brand new 3 seater bench is heavy. And my driveway is far from level. I find the hardest part is often pulling the loop to release the seat mechanism. Once that is done moving it is not so bad, quite smooth, forward and back. But I cannot do it whilst sitting on the seat, I need to be in front of it.

Thanks - defo not smooth back and forth for me. I’ve noticed some wheels underneath drag and some rotate. I’ve given the runners a good clean with toothbrush and vac. Very cathartic but no real difference. I’ll see what dealer says when it’s in next month.
Pulling forward not too bad but to push back I have to sit in middle on the floor with my back against the front seats and use my feet to push.

Resurrecting an old thread…

Would anyone with a 3 seat bench be so kind to take a photo of how the release straps to slide the bench back and forth are routed underneath the bench in the middle drawer?

Specifically, am looking to see how strap 2 is routed as I think it needs to double back against one of the metal bars as you need to pull the strap forwards to get the release lever to move back.

Hopefully that makes sense!

I’ll post a picture of mine later.

in the meantime does this help ? (Caravelle seat very similar to Beach)

This is the front of the seat looking upwards, the strap goes between the two bars to operate the wheel release mechs.
is this what you need ?

E02B75D6-69CB-445B-B450-7AE3DDBF1B6A.jpeg

Here is a thread that shows the strap routing quite well

Back