Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bench seat hard to move

M

MurrayR

Our 07 Cali rear seat is hard to unlock. Feels like the handle needs to be adjusted. If I sit in the middle of the seat it helps but my wife is unable to move the seat. Any ideas? :new here

I've found it difficult from time to time too.
Eventually the difficulty went away which was probably because I got practiced at it?
I found sitting in the middle helped and I needed to be careful the lever was at its full height when pulled up.
Then I made relatively small wmovements forward or backwards.
When I tried to move it in a oner it seemed to baulk.

I bought the van (57 plate 4Motion) 2 1/2 years old and I've now had it 1 1/2 years.
It was worst over the first six months I had it.

Good luck

Oh I squirted in a little bit of WD40 which seemed to help a bit.

When we collected ours the sales guy pointed out that the best way to move the bench seat was to sit on it; release the lever; and "walk" it forward or back. I have tried to shift it whilst standing outside the van but it is difficult. The method he mentioned works every time.

Sorry guys I am going to have to disagree. I tried sitting on it and pulling found it tricky.
The best way I have found is kneeling in front of it and then pulling the handle up and sliding it towards me
I find it easier without the weight on the seat. Oh I agree the handle really has to be pulled right up otherwise it stops it moving
Kev

There's always. One .

Two.

I sit on the rotated drivers seat, lift the handle and pull. Easy. The seat needs to be kept level - if it is even slightly tipped backwards, it fouls up on the runners and won't move.

Sitting on the bench seat whilst moving it works for me.
Like others have said you need to make sure the lever is pulled up as far as it will go and ensure you keep the bench level and square.
Found it awkward to start with but a piece of cake now :thumb

Back