Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can the T5 rear bench be adjusted to move further forward that present stop position?

Phil Hall

Phil Hall

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
I am trying to get a filing cabinet in the back, and the tail gate is just 1 to 2 inches from closing.
I have about 6 inches of forward rail showing in front of the rear bench seat with the seat fully forward.
Is it possible to adjust the stop so I can gain this extra few inches?

Thank You

Yes you can remove the from stop and move the bench forward but like John says you could put the bed flat and then you have over 6 foot of space.
I have done many an Ikea trip this way

You could put the bed down, then put cabinet on bed?
Thanks John. Yes my thoughts for plan 2 if I could not get the extra couple of
inches. I wanted to take 3 passengers as well as there is still plenty of leg room.
So looks like two cars, one for the cabinet and one for the people.

Thanks John. Yes my thoughts for plan 2 if I could not get the extra couple of
inches. I wanted to take 3 passengers as well as there is still plenty of leg room.
So looks like two cars, one for the cabinet and one for the people.
You might want to check with someone more knowledgeable than me, but I think that if the stops are removed and the seat moved forward, the seat is no longer secure to the vehicle.

The bench can come out of the slots at the front of the rails. The manual describes how to get the bench beyond the slot. On the two seater there is a hole that you put a screwdriver in - not sure if you have a 3-seater.
As long as the clamps are firm in the rail notches, there shouldn't be a problem.

My stop resides on top of my tool box.

As a link to the above, and I apologise for interrupting, how far back can the sliding seat go? If you remove the rear 'parcel shelf' with the mattress how do you then slide the seat back? Mine seems to always stop in set position - and I don't want to force it. Just gives the option of more space in the van living area.
Aztec

It should go back as far as the overhead locker

As a link to the above, and I apologise for interrupting, how far back can the sliding seat go? If you remove the rear 'parcel shelf' with the mattress how do you then slide the seat back? Mine seems to always stop in set position - and I don't want to force it. Just gives the option of more space in the van living area.
Aztec
With bed / parcel shelf removed mine stops in a set position on the way back but does slide back along way, probably leaving about 300mm at the back giving a large space in the central area. Again not sliding fully to the end as in my original comments about the movement forward.

Thank you Phil. Will fiddle about this week. Out of interest are all parcel shelves / mattress holders the same width / length (I mean front to back) - I'm assuming they are?

Thank you Phil. Will fiddle about this week. Out of interest are all parcel shelves / mattress holders the same width / length (I mean front to back) - I'm assuming they are?
sorry for the late reply, and again sorry do not know the answer to that one

Back