Should I be worried

Defender90

Defender90

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
This morning I started my van and it sounded like it was on 3 cylinders tried to press the throttle pedal and it stalled tried again and the same thing happened the third time it sounded fine I then went for a 30 miles drive and all good loads of power and revs stable.This has happened once before 2 years ago just before a service vw added some type of additive and a full service was carried out.The strange thing is it’s around the same time and the temperature was cold this morning 3oc

Not normal, could be crud in the diesel and/or filter. May not be, and may have cleared if now running ok, but always worth a check.

Had it a couple of time over 9 years. No issues. Didn't stall, but not power. Just unburnt fuel on a cold start with a low battery. So if its cold I will cycle the glow plugs twice. Used to be a common diesel thing of old. Plus if I dont use it for a while I will hook it up. My battery is 9.5yrs old

Just a VW thing, a bit like going in top in the DSG too early or the lag when pulling away..

Back