Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side awning help! Vango Kela v rubbed my paintwork!!

N

NatandRob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi - does anyone else have a problem with there side awning rubbing their paintwork? Anything anyone’s uses to prevent this happening? Perhaps a temporary film or foam of sorts?

Can you share any pics of your set up and the damage? I’ve not had any issues with a Vango Kela 2... sounds very odd...

Have heard of this happening before, seems an obvious risk if the material is touching against the paintwork and able to rub. Do you have a wind out awning fitted? If so fit the kador strip to that awning when wound out a few inches. Keeps the material off the paintwork and makes it easier to drive in/out. No film or foam needed.

Can you share any pics of your set up and the damage? I’ve not had any issues with a Vango Kela 2... sounds very odd...
the scuff marks don’t really show in a photo, but visible to the eye after just one night. The elasticated edge of the awning which meets the van seems quite hard scrunched up material and I think that with gentle movement from the wind is all it takes.

Have heard of this happening before, seems an obvious risk if the material is touching against the paintwork and able to rub. Do you have a wind out awning fitted? If so fit the kador strip to that awning when wound out a few inches. Keeps the material off the paintwork and makes it easier to drive in/out. No film or foam needed.
What’s a kador strip please?

How far did you crank out your awning. I set mine to about 100mm and the awning doesn't touch the paintwork.

How far did you crank out your awning. I set mine to about 100mm and the awning doesn't touch the paintwork.
This is key.

Don't worry too much that there is a gap that means others momentarily can see you in your underwear as you come and go.

What’s a kador strip please?
1599165819207.jpeg
It’s the bit above that goes between the awning and into the awning rail, usually with a plastic figure of 8 as well. There are other ways to attach but this is the usual one.

Back