Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SIDE BODY PROTECTOR MOULDINGS

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
HI All
Just picked up our new Beach and was wondering if anyone could suggest where I can buy side body mouldings from for a new T6 Beach.
VW do sell but they are not suitable for a T6 with add Blue, presumably because of the filler cap.
The van will be parked on a works carpark everyday, parking is tight so mouldings are needed.
Many thanks
Paul

HI All
Just picked up our new Beach and was wondering if anyone could suggest where I can buy side body mouldings from for a new T6 Beach.
VW do sell but they are not suitable for a T6 with add Blue, presumably because of the filler cap.
The van will be parked on a works carpark everyday, parking is tight so mouldings are needed.
Many thanks
Paul
Says they are for T6 but not colour coded.

These can be colour coded.

Says they are for T6 but not colour coded.

These can be colour coded.

My suppling dealer told me those trims would not fit a T6 euro 6 with adblue?
See below information sent to me.

Due to the introduction of WLTP, this product MUST be fitted after Vehicle Registration on any WLTP Tested M-Category (Passenger) vehicle.

3 piece set. Ensure mouldings are the correct way around before installing. Do not wash vehicle for 24 hours after installation.

For T6 these mouldings are only suitable for Euro 5 engine models pre-adBlue

Due to the introduction of WLTP, this product MUST be fitted after Vehicle Registration on any WLTP Tested M-Category (Passenger) vehicle.

3 piece set. Ensure mouldings are the correct way around before installing. Do not wash vehicle for 24 hours after installation.

I think your Dealer is talking rubbish, I’m afraid.
All the parts would fit, both sides apart from the small piece around the fuel flap.
On the T5 this piece fits immediately below the opening flap.
On the T6 the Fuel flap is taller and I cannot see why the piece cannot fit on the opening flap, at most the rear end of the flap would have to be tapered so the flap would open fully, or you could just leave that section off.

I think your Dealer is talking rubbish, I’m afraid.
All the parts would fit, both sides apart from the small piece around the fuel flap.
On the T5 this piece fits immediately below the opening flap.
On the T6 the Fuel flap is taller and I cannot see why the piece cannot fit on the opening flap, at most the rear end of the flap would have to be tapered so the flap would open fully, or you could just leave that section off.
I think that the flap goes further down for the Adblue filler which is why the T5 doesn't fit the T6. I would have thought that the moulding could be cut at that point to suit. dealer wouldn't do that though. Care needed to check fitting as to Cali offside sliding door not as in UK Transporters near side one.

I think that the flap goes further down for the Adblue filler which is why the T5 doesn't fit the T6. I would have thought that the moulding could be cut at that point to suit. dealer wouldn't do that though. Care needed to check fitting as to Cali offside sliding door not as in UK Transporters near side one.
Doesn’t make any difference, which side sliding door is. The mouldings don’t extend to the rear panel/wheel arch. The 2 rear sections are the same length. The Front sections are different. 1 long and 1 short on Passenger side as Fuel flap cuts into Door opening Drivers side is equivalent in length to the 2 pieces from Passenger side.
06A93CBD-23EE-400E-AB7C-676F7DC4F7FC.jpeg

0A7CB94F-ED39-4C06-928E-D8709A52F172.jpeg

Why on Earth did they stop fitting these .
Money saving no doubt:(

Why on Earth did they stop fitting these .
Money saving no doubt:(
I think when the T5.1 came out they were one of the Options then later on they became Standard .

Doesn’t make any difference, which side sliding door is. The mouldings don’t extend to the rear panel/wheel arch. The 2 rear sections are the same length. The Front sections are different. 1 long and 1 short on Passenger side as Fuel flap cuts into Door opening Drivers side is equivalent in length to the 2 pieces from Passenger side.
View attachment 45188

View attachment 45189
It did with the chrome side strips which was what I based my mistaken advice on.

It did with the chrome side strips which was what I based my mistaken advice on.
Those ones you were looking at on eBay, are Handed because they go onto the rear panel/wheel arch unlike the VW ones.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but does anyone know the oem numbers for the original bump strips or where I can find them? Thanks in advance!

VW should be able to sell you them.

An alternative, possibly

or from here who can supply them colour matched. Need to check fully compatible with r/h sliding door.

Thank you BJG, I have a set of these ready to go but looking for something a bit more OEM.
Don't get me wrong their ok for £67.....but not like the original Velle/ Cali side protectors.

I'll try VW tomorrow and see if I can get some, to my Knowledge though these haven't been used as standard on VW vans since first T5!

Thank you BJG, I have a set of these ready to go but looking for something a bit more OEM.
Don't get me wrong their ok for £67.....but not like the original Velle/ Cali side protectors.

I'll try VW tomorrow and see if I can get some, to my Knowledge though these haven't been used as standard on VW vans since first T5!
I think it became a Dealer supply/fit option. Note 'think'.

I think it became a Dealer supply/fit option. Note 'think'.
Sounds expensive....if I can get the parts for the sides only I can finish/ fit myself...just wether I can physically get them.
Will update when I know.
Cheers

Sorry for jumping in...but any advice on the best method to fix them?

Some of mine keep coming loose, and judging by the amount of different tape and glue underneath, I guess the the previous owner had the same issue. Last attempt I used some foam number plate tape (think it was Harris brand), but still not holding it solidly. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must be bent. Mine still hang on very tight.

And they have captured a lot of doors already.

Sorry for jumping in...but any advice on the best method to fix them?

Some of mine keep coming loose, and judging by the amount of different tape and glue underneath, I guess the the previous owner had the same issue. Last attempt I used some foam number plate tape (think it was Harris brand), but still not holding it solidly. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gorilla Double sided tape. But make sure you fit them correctly first time.

Gorilla Double sided tape. But make sure you fit them correctly first time.

Thanks, and @TripleBee. Long story short but the tailgate one is causing most problems, and looks like it's not been put on quite straight so not sitting perfectly against the contour, which probably isn't helping. Trouble is the only the right hand side is coming loose - left half is still stuck solid like concrete and I'm afraid of snapping it or damaging the paintwork if I try to force it off completely to reset it. Will get some tape on order and have another play to see what I can do next weekend. Cheers.

Thanks, and @TripleBee. Long story short but the tailgate one is causing most problems, and looks like it's not been put on quite straight so not sitting perfectly against the contour, which probably isn't helping. Trouble is the only the right hand side is coming loose - left half is still stuck solid like concrete and I'm afraid of snapping it or damaging the paintwork if I try to force it off completely to reset it. Will get some tape on order and have another play to see what I can do next weekend. Cheers.
Fishing line can be used to cut through the tape without damaging the paint work. Then Spirit/WD40/Tar Remover or even petrol can be used to remove any residue on the bodywork and moulding prior to re-fixing.