Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SIDE BODY MOULDINGS

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All
has any one been successful in finding any body protecting side mouldings for a new Beach, found a number on the net all state not suitable for Euro 6 adblue models.
Can't believe its so difficult to find some!
Has any fitted side steps, do they protrude enough to stop car door damage?
Our new Beach will be parked on a works carpark and will be damaged without some kind of protection.
Many thanks
Paul

Hi All
has any one been successful in finding any body protecting side mouldings for a new Beach, found a number on the net all state not suitable for Euro 6 adblue models.
Can't believe its so difficult to find some!
Has any fitted side steps, do they protrude enough to stop car door damage?
Our new Beach will be parked on a works carpark and will be damaged without some kind of protection.
Many thanks
Paul

No point repeating your recent post.

I think there was, members gave opinions some contradicting each other.
I was looking for a Beach owner who had successfully purchased and fitted.
The Club apparently sell them but struggling to find,
Not sure what they list them as or in what section.

I think there was, members gave opinions some contradicting each other.
I was looking for a Beach owner who had successfully purchased and fitted.
The Club apparently sell them but struggling to find,
Not sure what they list them as or in what section.
If they sell them they will be the same across the whole Transporter range, Van,Kombi,Caravelle,Beach and Ocean.
If you Phone the Forum Shop or email them they are very helpful. :thumb

The SE and Ocean have the side panels on the van and the beach as standard doesn't. It's one way to tell at a glance which model it is. I am sure the parts are available from VW but I personally like the look more without them.

As for the side bars at step height, my friend has them and still got his van damaged so I would say they won't protect from door dings. A better solution may be magnetic bumpers if its purely door dings you want to stop but they will be bulky to carry about

My Ocean hasn't. I thought it was T5s do T6s don't. No doubt all will be revealed!
I thought it was just the last T5.1s had them as standard but I believe it was an option before that. Could be wrong. Too much fresh air :thumb

Good point I saw lots of T5.1 SEs with them on, maybe they dropped them on the T6? VW did seem to make a lot of standard things options again to push the charges up?