Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side protection mouldings

owen_h

owen_h

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Has anyone added side protection moldings to their Cali? Probably be just the Beach owners as the full Cali appears to have them as standard. Do they provide a reasonable level of protection against the ‘lovely’ people who don’t take any care when opening doors In carparks.
I cant see anyone on the web offering the original VW versions and the only T5 specific ones I’ve found are these: http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/side-prot ... p-978.html . I would probably get them colour coded as well which no doubt would push the price up quite a bit, are the wide VW ones available as an option and is so any idea on price?
Thanks
Owen

Did you find any solution? Having owned our Beach for a whole week now, this is the one thing that is making my husband nervous!! We spend a lot of time parked in narrow spaces next to inconsiderate people and am dreading coming back to a dent...!

Not progressed this much further yet but my feeling is that the best (if not the cheapest) option will be the original VW ones as fitted to the full Cali and Caravelle. I did add some chrome trim to the lower part of the sides but that was more for styling purposes and it provides only minimal protection.
So still parking as far away from any other vehicles as I can for now and picking well cared for cars as my 'neighbours' when I can. Anything with a child seat in the back is a no no to park alongside!
Hope your enjoying the new Beach :cool:

Back