Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side window shelf?

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Has anyone made an offside shelf unit for their van. Perhaps like the one that replaces the small nearside sliding blind that is adjacent to the wardrobe, but obviously bigger, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Like this you mean?

Thank you

van.jpgNot really, although expensive, they do look very useful. But I would only need one.

I was looking for something more like this. Taken from a VLOG of a Ford Transit camper.

Last edited:
Thank you

View attachment 53476Not really, although expensive, they do look very useful. But I would only need one.

I was looking for something more like this. Taken from a VLOG of a a Forf Transit camper.

You can buy one (for the Ocean/SE) 2 seat bench. Chwck their page. Just got myself a present and look forward to use it.

You can buy one (for the Ocean/SE) 2 seat bench. Chwck their page. Just got myself a present and look forward to use it.
Check whose page?

70+ mm rain drain fits just well while still leaving window space open.

the one from vanessa https://www.vanessa-mobilcamping.de/. Sorry just saw you‘re looking for something less „windowbaggie“. Here‘s somehing: a curtain with pockets: https://www.felleisen.com/

Good afternoon,

Sapto, based on you post I had a look at the "Felleisen.com" web page. Their products seems interesting and might be an alternative to VanEssa.

The option for a holder, bag and curtain for an Ocean for just EUR 200.00 seems to be better than from VanEssa.

I searched the forum to see if somebody already used products from Felleisen, but I couldn't find anything. On Youtube there are only a few videos. Have you used those products yourself?

Regards,
Eberhard

Do you have a photo please?
Yes a photo would be good, because I cannot envisage it. I Googled Rain Drain and came up with, the attached. Not a bad idea, but it may stop the blind going up and down.

b125castnew__46511.1543409996.500.750-300x185.jpg

Good afternoon,

Sapto, based on you post I had a look at the "Felleisen.com" web page. Their products seems interesting and might be an alternative to VanEssa.

The option for a holder, bag and curtain for an Ocean for just EUR 200.00 seems to be better than from VanEssa.

I searched the forum to see if somebody already used products from Felleisen, but I couldn't find anything. On Youtube there are only a few videos. Have you used those products yourself?

Regards,
Eberhard
Good evening Eberhard

I was only strolling through the www to find an alternative from VanEssa (although I think their products look ace). I like the curtain idea!

I would like to visit the VanEssa factory (the bags are build by Vaude) and Felleisen, both are situated in Bayern. Close to Munich (as far as I remember).

I am interested hearing for which product you decided in the end.

Kind regards
sapto

Hello Sapto,

Thank you for the reply.

I will spend some time over Christmas to learn more about the both products. Like everything has pros and cons, the question is which product is the most suitable (and affordable) for me.

I am not in a hurry. I thought to get one or the other bag begining of spring.

If you hear more about the bags please let me know.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello Sapto,

Thank you for the reply.

I will spend some time over Christmas to learn more about the both products. Like everything has pros and cons, the question is which product is the most suitable (and affordable) for me.

I am not in a hurry. I thought to get one or the other bag begining of spring.

If you hear more about the bags please let me know.

Regards,
Eberhard
Hello Eberhard

You're welcome. I'll collect my VanEssa bag this weekend in Füssen and let you know (I paid 195 Euro).

Regards
sapto

Got them yesterday. Easy straight fix. No glue nor drill. Plug and go. Put it in first top and then gentle push them torwards the window.
e54c45e9b5172e2e57442613341bf8f2.jpg
7d91c91783af6b9a373af2da911cd595.jpg

Got them yesterday. Easy straight fix. No glue nor drill. Plug and go. Put it in first top and then gentle push them torwards the window.
e54c45e9b5172e2e57442613341bf8f2.jpg
7d91c91783af6b9a373af2da911cd595.jpg
Thanks for the pics. It does look very useful. But did you have to buy two? I have heard, perhaps on this forum, that they start to get loose at the bottom and start to fall out.

Thanks for the pics. It does look very useful. But did you have to buy two? I have heard, perhaps on this forum, that they start to get loose at the bottom and start to fall out.

They got a (newish) version for the 2bench seat (Beach, SE, Ocean/Coast) and you only have to buy one. Can not say anything about „falling out“ however I can imagine that it could happen as it‘s only „plugged“ and not glued or similar. Time will tell

Hello Sapto,

Thank you for the pictures. It looks great.

It seems from price are the Vanessa window bags and the Felleisen window bags kind of similar. Have I said that it seems that there is more storage space in the Vanessa window bag. But maybe that is the problem. If the small bag is filled up to the top, will it "bulge out" and so prevent the back seat sliding back? This won't happen with the Felleisen, because there is only one bag. :oops:

The Felleisen comes with a holder which can stay in the van. Maybe this is more reliable in the years to come. It would be nice to see both products side by side for better comparison.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello Sapto,

Thank you for the pictures. It looks great.

It seems from price are the Vanessa window bags and the Felleisen window bags kind of similar. Have I said that it seems that there is more storage space in the Vanessa window bag. But maybe that is the problem. If the small bag is filled up to the top, will it "bulge out" and so prevent the back seat sliding back? This won't happen with the Felleisen, because there is only one bag. :oops:

The Felleisen comes with a holder which can stay in the van. Maybe this is more reliable in the years to come. It would be nice to see both products side by side for better comparison.

Regards,
Eberhard
Hello Eberhard

I try to take some pictures with the bench back in drive position: The new bag has kind of a spare space/ the compartement closest to the slide door is smaller than the one next to the tailgate (sorry for my English, I hope pictures can put it right).

I can imagine that the felleisen holder is more of a multifunctional thing with the „daisychain“ straps.

As far as I can say the VanEssa bag is superb for our purpose to get more space for my sons cloths.

We actually sleep downstairs atm and it doesn‘t bother me at all (okay only me and minime on this trip).

Regards
sapto

Good morning
Hope these pictures help to get you more of an idea how it is in driving position (not so loung-ing as I have a Maxi Cosi on the bench), however still some space to lean back/set the bench „more layed down“
ec1f380f0efb22e27fdc60e029806c9b.jpg
0d18c95eaf2269bffb928a61e29a3adc.jpg
9db8f9ed72a5dc3bda113a3602a10782.jpg

Hello

Do you have a direct link to this product. I have been to Van Essa's website but cannot find them?
Thank you

Hello

Do you have a direct link to this product. I have been to Van Essa's website but cannot find them?
Thank you

I hope this link works. If not: info@vanessa-mobilcamping.de
They are happy to help.

Cheers

Back