Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wardrobe Edge Trim

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So the kitchen has been out and put back to replace the waste tank that the dealer damages checking the sensor.

Mostly a good job but they have managed to lose a small piece of trim off the wardrobe end panel.

IMG_4189.JPG

It is a tiny piece which protects the edge of the wardrobe wall where the rigid blind slides over it into the wardrobe.

The dealer is suggesting that it will not be possible for them to source the piece of trim and that they may have to replace the wardrobe unit - REALLY ??

Does anyone know whether this trim can be sourced. I really don't want the kitchen to come out again - they'll only break something else :mad: .

Thanks.
Dave

Is there not a place on the warderobe hidden out of sight where you can take away a piece ....?

My guess is it just slides over the edges...

Reactions: DM
So the kitchen has been out and put back to replace the waste tank that the dealer damages checking the sensor.

Mostly a good job but they have managed to lose a small piece of trim off the wardrobe end panel.

View attachment 22252

It is a tiny piece which protects the edge of the wardrobe wall where the rigid blind slides over it into the wardrobe.

The dealer is suggesting that it will not be possible for them to source the piece of trim and that they may have to replace the wardrobe unit - REALLY ??

Does anyone know whether this trim can be sourced. I really don't want the kitchen to come out again - they'll only break something else :mad: .

Thanks.
Dave
Tell them to 'get it done then'. Hit them where it hurts. Only way they'll learn.

View attachment 22252

Thanks.
Dave

Tell them to 'get it done then'. Hit them where it hurts. Only way they'll learn.

Agree. According to this the panels come ready trimmed and no trim replacements.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl.../068/subcategory/68000/part_id/3707519/lang/e

They are hoping you will refuse and accept some good will. They can hardly pass this off as a warranty repair so they would bear the full cost.

I would suggest they purchase the relevant panel. Remove the missing trim from the new panel and re-glue it onto your panel and some goodwill for saving them a substantial sum of money.

Best of luck.

• Thanks
The whole unit is made in a diffrent factory than the Limmer California assembling plant and are brought in as one piece .
But somehow VW should get theire hands on a piece of trim , they must have acces to it or have damaged untis they can dismantle.

Agree your dealer needs to sort this out .

• Agree
How annoying. I had so many similar issues with my Range Rover. You buy an expensive quality product, you look after it and when you present it for service it is gleaming and looking new, when you get it back its scratched, marked etc.... It winds me up. My RR went back as I complained at the very top... Guess what, have a careful look after it comes back and its worse.......

Its a lottery now, take it back? more issues??

• Agree
Interesting though, is that what the units are made out of?? Honeycomb aluminium? Helps me when I screw a TV bracket etc to it.

I would get some compensation based on them doing the job right then do something myself....

Perhaps a bike rack vs strip out kitchen?

We shouldnt have to go through this..

• Agree
@DM , if VW orders a new replacement part like the small hatch giving acces to the lesure battery in the rear you got your piece of trim!
Part 56 in the link by @WelshGas

Or just use your panel.

Sure you must find a piece out of sight to take of .
DIY just fir piece of mind and let VW assume the need to fix it to give them a hard time...:D

• Thanks
Ok , went out to the garage to check things out ....
Forget all my suggestions!
The trim is glued on the batterypanel:Nailbiting

Probally glued everywhere thats why your dealer (using VW factory input)?probally says it is irreplaceble.

Ask for a compensation and put the Bandrup kitchen bags on the sliding panel (like i got) and you will never see it again .
IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5405.JPG

Thanks all for your contributions.

I'll see what the dealer says next week. They've also got to re-do a replacement fuel filler flap because it doesn't match my Cali !!

I really don't want the kitchen to have to come out again - so if that is their solution I may be inclined to get them to order a part from which I can harvest some trim and seek compensation to fund a set of Brandrup pockets as suggested by @hotel california .

Wim - do you think the Trim is glued so well that it cannot be got off - remember I'll be prepared to destroy whatever it is glued to.

BTW - vet just spotted that he trim around the top edge of the wardrobe is loose. I think that can be fixed with some superglue but another reason I don't want it tampered with again.

I'm also wondering about the integrity of the gas installation. Will they have disconnected any part of the gas installation to remov / refit the kitchen? Hopefully not as they didn't even manage to re-connect th gas bottle properly!

Thanks all for your contributions.

I'll see what the dealer says next week. They've also got to re-do a replacement fuel filler flap because it doesn't match my Cali !!

I really don't want the kitchen to have to come out again - so if that is their solution I may be inclined to get them to order a part from which I can harvest some trim and seek compensation to fund a set of Brandrup pockets as suggested by @hotel california .

Wim - do you think the Trim is glued so well that it cannot be got off - remember I'll be prepared to destroy whatever it is glued to.

BTW - vet just spotted that he trim around the top edge of the wardrobe is loose. I think that can be fixed with some superglue but another reason I don't want it tampered with again.

I'm also wondering about the integrity of the gas installation. Will they have disconnected any part of the gas installation to remov / refit the kitchen? Hopefully not as they didn't even manage to re-connect th gas bottle properly!

On the panel from the rear batery , you simply take it out .
I tryed with a smal screwdriver to lift it off ....not coming lose , if tryed harder you damage (bend) the trim i think.
If you look close you see the glue residuales.
Maybe on other parts of the wardrobe it is not glued but i doubt.

Think you do best to ask for a (big as possible) compensation and who knows a solution pops-up later.

• Agree
Interesting though, is that what the units are made out of?? Honeycomb aluminium? Helps me when I screw a TV bracket etc to it.

I would get some compensation based on them doing the job right then do something myself....

Perhaps a bike rack vs strip out kitchen?

We shouldnt have to go through this..
Here's a close up Mike.
IMG_4212.JPG

Ok , went out to the garage to check things out ....
Forget all my suggestions!
The trim is glued on the batterypanel:Nailbiting

Probally glued everywhere thats why your dealer (using VW factory input)?probally says it is irreplaceble.

Ask for a compensation and put the Bandrup kitchen bags on the sliding panel (like i got) and you will never see it again .
View attachment 22253

View attachment 22254

any chance you have five minutes to take a photo of the back of the kitchen pockets for me? i am going to try and make something to fit there but need a little help with how to fix it up there so doesn't fall down.....many thanks :)

any chance you have five minutes to take a photo of the back of the kitchen pockets for me? i am going to try and make something to fit there but need a little help with how to fix it up there so doesn't fall down.....many thanks :)
Brandrup normally use stick on Velcro. I would suggest anything you make fits onto the Plastic pull-out window cover, rather than the glass.
Someone showed a clever DIY, drilling holes either side of the Plastic window cover and putting in Elasticated cord from side to side.
You could do something similar if you plan on making something like the Brandrup pockets and use Non-Elasticated cord, top, bottom and middle to hold your piece in place.

It is indeed attched with velcro to the sliding plasic part as @WelshGas says .
I rather not pull it off , everytime you pull it off you pull on the adesive tape a bit and by doing this theres a chance it will come off .
Sorry this time i have to let you down....the back just has velcro stitched arround the edge and in the middle , then the other part of the velcro has adesive tape witch you put on the sliding plastic blind.

It is indeed attched with velcro to the sliding plasic part as @WelshGas says .
I rather not pull it off , everytime you pull it off you pull on the adesive tape a bit and by doing this theres a chance it will come off .
Sorry this time i have to let you down....the back just has velcro stitched arround the edge and in the middle , then the other part of the velcro has adesive tape witch you put on the sliding plastic blind.
thats fine thank you for confirming- clearly is very strong adhesive velcro to achieve staying there as gets very hot inside when locked up in summer even with blinds down so clearly stays there :) .....will have a go and post results when finally done :)

thats fine thank you for confirming- clearly is very strong adhesive velcro to achieve staying there as gets very hot inside when locked up in summer even with blinds down so clearly stays there :) .....will have a go and post results when finally done :)

It's funny that that pocket above the fridge stays on good and the other on the side of the kitchenuntit the adasivevtape (a wider type ) comes loose....they been on 4year now and i am thinking of changing the tape (remove the old tape first)

You can get a repair kit from VW but its white plastic, not aluminium. I used it on our old T5 Cali conversion that was hit about a bit.

Back