Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sight leak from small window above kitchen area

C

Cooperman19

Guest User
Just noticed a very slight leak in the window frame above the cooker and appears to be from the opening window, has anyone else had this problem, and is there a quick fix ? Thanks :eek:

This is a warranty repair. Quite a few people have had the windows replaced including myself.

First thing to try is to check that the window is shut properly, then check that the drains aren't obviously blocked which could cause this to happen as well.

cheers

Obliged to both, will have a really good look once the rain stops, many thanks.

smgcowfold said:
First thing to try is to check that the window is shut properly, then check that the drains aren't obviously blocked which could cause this to happen as well.

cheers

Our dealer also said at handover that the sliding windows were prone to leaking if not well closed. He demonstrated it to us and said to slide to within a half inch of closed then use the heel of the hand to give it a good strong push to ensure it gets in tight against the seals. He said he hadn't had any problems with leaks when using this method.

Thanks to all, just checked mine over after some very heavy rain and the leak seems to have stopped. I did earlier open the window and have a look before giving it a good firm push shut, that clearly seems to be the answer. This forum is brilliant, I have learnt so much in just one day, great to be with like minded souls :cool:

I've also had problems pretty much from new.

Cleaning the seals and wiping with silicon grease have cured it for me.

I think silicon grease is the practical solution. I hate consumable solutions when there should be a permanent one

But the underlying problem is that the window is poorly designed and or poorly built. It is too susceptible to dirt causing leaks. I would guess that you could change it 100 times and each time it would be equally prone to leak

Some accountant in vw will have tried to save 7.7p per car by using inferior seals. And we have to live with it.