Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink Pump self activating - slightest movement

K

Kelvin-Chelmsford

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I have a lovely 2023 ocean. The sink/tap all work fine but the tap itself is extremely sensitive in terms of the very slightest starting to turn the tap on, starts up the whirring of the pump and then a slight turn more and water starts to come out.

Over the past week or so I’ve noticed a couple of times coming back to the vehicle that the motor whirring is on (with no water coming out) despite the tap being closed and with a slight push down of the tap it turns off – the tap is already in the off position.

Yesterday the leisure battery was completely flat and I suspect it had come on again – possibly when driving or even closing the van doors i.e. a slight movement maybe enough to activate it. Last week it started whirring in the middle of the night when four of us (+ a dog!) were sleeping in it. suspect someone moved!

I’ve recharged the battery, and the pump and water all still work fine but I suspect the tap needs adjusting slightly so that it doesn’t come on at the slightest touch or movement.

Is this something that is easy to do myself or should I just drop it back into VW to take a look - as on the one hand I think it should be a simple adjustment but equally it might be a sealed unit that needs fully replacing?

I have tried looking across the forum for something similar but can’t find anything regarding adjusting of sensitivity.

Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Kevin

Most caravan microswitch taps are on and off electrically, ie no adjustment for witch position. The water flow is adjustable by the opening of the aperture normally the microswitch should make as the aperture opens which it sounds like it is doing. Can the lever be adjusted? with respect to the aperture and microswitch position so that the lever has to be rotated more before it engages the switch and then the aperture for flow adjustment.
I seem to remember that micro switch taps have a tendancy to burn out the switch contacts due to the current draw from the pump or is there a relay in the circuit.
My slidepod and my caravan both have pressure only systems so there is no microswitch in the tap.

Thank you for your reply - sorry for the delay we have been away. Although I haven't looked I would imagine it is a simple on/off microswitch as you suggest and I think the issue is that it is just being activated too soon/sensitive and does need a slight adjustment to the tap position. I'll try and have a look this week to see if the tap can easily be adjusted before it activates the switch/pump.

thanks

Kevin

Back