Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink Water Pump - renew or repair?

mrkawasaki

mrkawasaki

My sink water pump has packed up - well, never worked - and I'm advised that it will be because water has frozen inside it at some point. It has been disconnected as it was blowing fuses in the rest of the system.

Now I would like to replace or repair the unit but do not know of suppliers or repairers that have done this work - anyone here got any clues?

Yup... Kev;s spot on... Cheap and easy repair.

Just a little DIY.

Rgds
M

Sideline issue, but be careful of a dripping tap... If you don't quite switch off tap properly, tap will drip till tank empties and burns pump out!
Seems obvious but can happen especially with kids....

Has anyone run one of these pumps with a water filter? Thinking of fitting one (probably the inline travel tap - the bottle version works well (ie. I'm still alive)).

dan

Pushing boundaries Dan :eek:

S.

Maybe ;) Good quality water is *very* important when making a nice cup of tea.

Lost on me i'm affraid. Tea for me is simply warm water with a builders tea bag dipped in it.
Pond water, as my better half likes to call it.

Now coffee, well, that's a whole different ball game.

This could be a good research topic though.
Do you think the filter you have in mind will put extra load on the pump by way of restriction?

S.

Coffee has it's place of course, which is at the back of the cupboard in case we run out of tea* :D

Actually it's only me that drinks most of the tea. Mrs TOTF drinks mate, a beverage that makes making a nice cup of tea look simple.

But getting back to the point, yes, the filter would place a reasonable restriction in the flow and I was wondering if these pumps would be up to the job?

dan

*ok, I admit I do also drink coffee**

IMGP2926_zpsfb1fe7ec.jpg

** van smelt wonderful after this. Until it got fabreezed anyway :cry:

You could always filter it on the way in to the tank. Rig up an in-line hose connector thingy with the filter. Save loading the pump?

Re Coffee. We have a strict routine/system for coffee first thing after wake up....I'd explain but you'd probably loose the will..... :lol:

S.

Along with coffee, a man needs a slice or two of toast.... :crazy

Toast Frenzy.png

No toaster. That little Scooby snack was made with the Halfords camping toaster thingy on the burner. You know what I mean. We have a pair so we do two at a time.

Love the coffee link. I'm on it!! Good work.

S.

There are many items on Gunzls site that apear under several models. Standard Westy items.

Whip the old one out and do a quick vuisual. Gunzl are very good with ordering from the Uk.

Crack on.

S. :thumb

Is it easy to locate and whip out?? (Not ever looked for it!) :oops: