Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door broken wire help

OllieCollieCali

OllieCollieCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi All,
I have an electric sliding door on my 2006 T5 Ocean, which opens fine using the handle, Fob button and the dashboard screen, but will not close unless you use the dashboard button. It will close manually, but quite heavy to close. It doesnt work on the fob or using the handle.
The dashboard button is always flashing until you get moving and then it lights up permanently.

Having done some searching, I believe this could be a fault with the door sensor? on the leading edge of the door to stop it crushing hands etc.

Today I had a look at the rubber seal on the leading edge, and noticed a wire coming from the top of the door, through the seal and then back into the bottom of the door, but also another wire coming out of the bottom of the door, but has been cut / broken at some point.
This is a double wire with one wire green and one white coming from the sleeve.

I found at the bottom of the rubber seal a broken white wire, which I assume is supposed to be connected to the white wire from the bottom of the door, but I can see any sign of the green wire to connect.

Does anyone know where this wire could be? or where to look? I am assuming it also connects inside the rubber seal somewhere?

Or is it easier to buy a replacement rubber seal / sensor and hope it has the connector on the end to plug and play? I am hoping that this wire will solve the door issues.

Many thanks

GraemeIMG_20211015_165932.jpgIMG_20211015_165900.jpgIMG_20211015_165837.jpg

Back