Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door dropped......nooooooooo

P

PaulS

:cry:
Absolutely gutted - sliding door has it appears has dropped. It gouged the body work on the panel in the grove where the door arm is!!
Has this happened to anyone before, or am I just unlucky?
Going to contact SMG tomw and see what the state of play is. Its a 2011, just one year old. No other issues with it at all so far!!
Arrgghhhh...........gutted
Paul

Sorry to hear that Paul.

No never heard off that fault so will be interested to hear what SMG find.

Hope they can sort it out for you OK.

John

Cheers John

Going to bed to try and blot out reality :headwall
Will let all know the outcome when I get one!!

Paul

I have heard of one that become disconnected somehow and the owner needed to jury rig it back into place to get to a dealer. I think it was mentioned by someone on this forum. That is the only time I've heard of it though and am very sorry to hear it!

My electric door came off the top rail and damaged the electric system. Managed to get it back on and used it as manual for a few months. Damage happened in Lisbon and repair in Bologna.......

Good morning
Well...contacted SMG. They were great. I was sent to VW Eurovans in Westham, nr Pevensey Bay, Eastbourne. Took them a while to work out what was wrong, but basically was a locking nut/butterfly nut on the sliding door arm on top towards the back inside that had come off causing the door to drop and gouge :sad
They were great, very helpful (some would say they should be as it was'nt my fault!!) patched me up, put a temp fixing on and told me I could take it back in after the summer hols, which I'll be off a waundering in, to get it respayed and properly sealed. So all hail 3 year warranties.

Check your nuts :rofl

Paul

seriously... a picture here would be really helpful.

Another one to note in the same vein is that there is a little bolt that forms part of the locking open mechanism (bottom left hand side of door, bottom slider) that comes loose too.

Trying to download pic BUT...says file too big. I have limited clue as to put pics on as a result
:crazy
Pics on a folder on desktop

Paul

Just sent email Martin with pics attached I hope
Paul

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Cheers Martin for putting the pics on.
Top pic is gouge with sealant on it...goes back deeper than pic shows unfortunately.
Bottom pic show the nice shiny new nut! The original obviously loosened and came off.
So get checking I'd say!!
Paul