Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door blind

Hi All
Just had the blind replaced in our sliding door, now find one of the LED lights in the trim above the door is not working. Wondering if the trim / light is removed when the blind is replaced, if so likely just not re-connected the cable to the light?

Hi All
Just had the blind replaced in our sliding door, now find one of the LED lights in the trim above the door is not working. Wondering if the trim / light is removed when the blind is replaced, if so likely just not re-connected the cable to the light?

Simple answer yes it is. It clips into the trim find a small piece of plastic to avoid damaging the light or trim or a flat blunt knife if your feeling daring and slide it between the trim and light fitting at the end of the light clear lense side this will remove the fitting and give you access to the connector

Mine was sorted when I went in for a recall on another simple issue. Dealer knew the problem and it two days had a replacement B Pillar cover. Sorted.

NB: I believe it was just the lower half needed replacing but dealer knew. Mine was done in Bristol.

Mike
Interestingly when I mentioned the same issue to the same dealer they knew nothing about it. Do you know who your tech was Mike?

Interestingly when I mentioned the same issue to the same dealer they knew nothing about it. Do you know who your tech was Mike?

Afraid not. Never got to see them. I mentioned it on delivering the Cali for the recall issue and the person booking it in was well aware.
You can tell them it was done on mine and computer should throw up the rest.

T6CFO

Mike

After 44000 miles my sliding door blind started sagging at one side and wouldn't return evenly. Also had the misalignment issue at bottom of blind preventing closure. Still under warranty but I searched this forum and thought I'd have a go at sorting both issues. Got top part of door pillar liner (where seat belt goes through) off ok thanks to Vw guru (just squeezed it towards the body and it unclipped from side nearest the sliding door). Found the black plastic end to the bottom metal part of blind had come off. Pushed back on and that sorted uneven blind. You have to slide one end of blind further down than other to do this. I didn't glue it but will next time if it pops out. Tackling the misaligned lower door pillar trim I pulled it back and with slight force the top retainer screw pulls out of the van body. As advised I slid off the rubber spacer washer as in photos above, cut in half and put back on, pushed trim back in and with a bit of trial and error (due to seat belt mechanism needing lining up) got the top panel back on. Blind works perfect now and closes to bottom. Thanks!

Our door blind runner is out of alignment near the bottom,it’s been like it since we bought the van,the warranty is due to expire this week.I just wondered if it’s worth the hassle of getting it fixed,is it a difficult job or best left alone as we seldom use it,

CF4601B7-F0C1-433D-9F46-9864A3ED8CB9.jpeg

Have a look at post 14,

Mine is the same but thought it was something I had to put up with did not know this was an issue, I'll get it sorted now cheers.

I took mine into Heritage Bristol for the intermediate oil change and asked them to look at the blind at the same time. Came back working perfectly. No trouble since.

Finally got round to doing mine. Big thanks to @VW Guru .
Mine was slightly different in that rather than a rubber grommet the spacer was in the form of 4 rubber washers, I just took one out, easy.

I just solved the same problem in another way. Shortened the aluminium strip at the bottom of the curtain by sawing off 3 mm. Now it slides well again.

I can confirm the same issue exists on T6.1, and same fix works. Great explanation.

And I thought this was a design feature! Something for the first service perhaps.

So we’ve just picked up the van from JCT600 in Sheffield, and the blind guide issue has been partly resolved. It’s not perfect, but better. The problem we have as explained by the master tech is different to many on this thread and pics posted by @VWGuru - our misalignment goes the other way, so cutting down the grommet would make it worse. It’s been adjusted a bit, so a complete blind crease up is now unlikely but we still need to take care.