Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door friction - fix

S

SteveJS

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Towards the end of a cracking fortnight touring mainly Germany and France just now, our 2019 T6 Ocean sliding door started to make a bit of a grinding noise at the start and end of the track …

here (sorry that is sideways and I can’t see how to rotate the image - please turn it clockwise 90 degrees
5BAE9F8B-FFC6-48F1-813C-C6511352786B.jpeg

…and taking a lot more effort to get it to electronically latch.

Unusually I couldn’t find any fixes on the forum for this - and let me take a moment to thank everyone for the countless solutions I have found here.

So here’s what worked for me in case it is any use.

The problem. The door is held via a bracket at the top towards the rear which has 2 M8 bolts which had become loose making the door sag a bit.

Again (need to rotate pic)

66D882F6-3AB7-4EF5-9BBA-B0D93CA73F31.jpeg

These are very close up against the bottom of the awning so rather hard to get a socket handle in there.

To avoid removing the awning, I gripped the socket with a pair of footprints and was able to tighten up the bolts.

19261A6C-671A-49DC-B834-5642F2910FAF.jpeg

221DB676-3BC1-4282-95E9-ED7624740843.jpeg
(You know by now, rotate image by 90 degrees again)

After tightening, the door moves smoothly and latches easily again.

I hope that might be helpful for someone.

Correction - the offending bracket with the loose bolts is towards the FRONT of the door

When doing up those bolts, first tighten both, then take out one at a time completely, put some blue medium strength thread locker and then tighten up again. Will stay tight for longer. :thumb

Back