Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door - indoor handle broken?

beardie

beardie

Hi,
The inside handle to open the sliding door seems to have stuck in the pulled back position rather than popping back. Can't now open the sliding door from the inside. The door opens from the outside and the central locking seems ok. Any ideas?

Hi,
The inside handle to open the sliding door seems to have stuck in the pulled back position rather than popping back. Can't now open the sliding door from the inside. The door opens from the outside and the central locking seems ok. Any ideas?
Just thought I’d share my experience of exactly this problem. Removed the interior panel etc. to access the lock mechanism. Removed and opened up the mechanism. Inside, found that there is a plastic clip (https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40000...MI6eX7mYe59QIVGO7tCh3-dga-EAQYAiABEgINofD_BwE) that holds in place a rod that pulls the internal plate that pulls the cable to release the latch at the rear of the sliding door. The plastic clip had failed and so the rod had popped out of its hole in the plate. I didn’t have any of the clips, as shown at the link, so swapped the failed one (still good enough to just swivel at the point where the vertical bar attached to the interior handle enters the locking mechanism) for the good one that just swivels. All now works again. Hopefully, it’ll hold for a good while. A few hours work but a 10 pence fix rather than a likely £500 bill from VW.

Back