Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door issue

Chico

Chico

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi just had this plastic roller fall off bottom of sliding door runner. Door now sticking. Won’t shut easily. A few small ball bearings fell Out also
what do I do??

3CDD9F5D-1F2B-41F6-ACA3-F1545A619041.jpeg

Don’t use the slider if possible until the bracket is replaced with a new one.

Inexpensive to fix.

This fell of sliding door bottom roller
Any suggestions what to order or can I repair. There were a few bearings fell out also and a mangled up piece of t

Hello again , does anyone know where i can buy a sliding door roller for my 2007 Cali ? Ive tried heritage parts , they're out of stock ?

Hi has anyone tried these 'cheaper options'? VW part replaces the whole bracket that fits to the door but not cheap at £115. My Cali is only 8 years old and about to fit my second one! VW couldn't tell me if the California one was any different and use the transporter one. The California door is much heavier than the standard transporter door with the glazing, table and trim.
I tried a cheaper option but it didn' t take the weight!

Hi Chico,

What was the outcome here? My sliding door roller has broken and I'm a bit stumped as the part being sold on ebay/amazon does not loot the same. I have a 2011 Cali. I'm interested to hear what your resolution was.

Thanks,
Pete

Hi has anyone tried these 'cheaper options'? VW part replaces the whole bracket that fits to the door but not cheap at £115. My Cali is only 8 years old and about to fit my second one! VW couldn't tell me if the California one was any different and use the transporter one. The California door is much heavier than the standard transporter door with the glazing, table and trim.
Andy, I have the same problem on my beach. Out of interest what did you do in the end? VW are advising that there part if £150 inc VAT and £270 if I want it fitted. Doing it myself seems like a good way to save money but I'm nervous that I could mess it up. Is it really just as easy as a straight swap?

For info, in case of future searches. Worth noting that the 2016 model has the little hook to attached to clip the door open. it's released via a cable attached to the door handle. I had the same experience. bought the £15 one from eBay. fitting was simple enough but it couldn't manage the weight and the hook wouldn't engage so that the door was clipped open. Bought and fitted the whole VW kit (£160) and worked perfectly.