Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door issues.

dripster

dripster

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just wondering if we're unlucky or if I can look forward to more of these. We bought our 2019 T6 Beach three years ago. It's only done 22k miles, gets fairly rough use from being a kids taxi/football team bus, but for a van is lightly worked.

So far we've had the latching mechanism fail on the sliding door, the electronic lock fail and now the bottom roller has fallen out and the door is virtually impossible to open it close.

Don't think they have 'Friday' cars anymore, but if they did I think that was when they fitted the sliding door.

Besides a switch on the light stalk, the rest of the van has been fine.

Last edited:
So apparently a failed door roller is "bodywork" and not covered by the extended warranty? WTAF? A mechanical component is bodywork?! Anyone else had this issue?!

So apparently a failed door roller is "bodywork" and not covered by the extended warranty? WTAF? A mechanical component is bodywork?! Anyone else had this issue?!
Is this the Extended Factory Warranty purchased within 3 months of 1st Registration of the vehicle?

interesting that they Claim it’s body work , and not a consumable / wearable item !
Try getting the seated passenger to enter / exit as intended,
without the roller It is not possible as the door , which on a passenger vehicle is considered an essential safety feature , therefore the partial failure will prevent the safety device to not operate as designed.
i.e.: The door & rollers etc are specifically designed to allow the door to operate as a single unit & as was intended / designed (Albeit Multiple components) if one of those components fails prematurely, for example the door lock, it has the potential to impact the intended & designed safety features, in which case it would be considered an MOT failure and should be covered under warranty? (Whilst within warranty) Hence your door lock and latch was replaced under warranty.
It cannot be claimed that the roller is not part of the designed safety feature, I.e claim it is bodywork!
the door and its operating components are specifically designed To allow safe access for passenger entry / egress!

It is an MOT Fail - Major (MPV needs all working, while a van only needs the front 2.)

EE8B7870-C3E0-4D34-8E5D-ACF127D39EE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hiya my new 2014 vehicle appeared to have come off its top rollers within 12 months of purchase. I was in Italy at the time on a group tour and the breakdown service wanted to take it off to an ordinary Vw car garage with the door hanging off and stuck. I persuaded him to heave it back on and didn’t use that door for the rest of the trip.
I took it in to SMG Cowfold when I got back and it was repaired underwarranty - the bottom brackets had completely rusted through and collapsed causing the top rollers to pop out. Not what I expected at all. Worth a thought with yours..

Back