Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door keeps getting out of upper rail

SmilingFloFrance

SmilingFloFrance

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi All,

On our last month of travel in Finland in the Turku’s archipelago and the sliding door came out of the upper rail today when my son was trying to close it.

I could put it back but something is loose in the arm linked to the rail so the door keeps coming out if we do not push in with the other hand the top of the door when closing.

Which make it very difficult when inside.

I intend to go to VW tomorrow if I cannot fix it. Anyone experienced that issue before?

Hi All,

On our last month of travel in Finland in the Turku’s archipelago and the sliding door came out of the upper rail today when my son was trying to close it.

I could put it back but something is loose in the arm linked to the rail so the door keeps coming out if we do not push in with the other hand the top of the door when closing.

Which make it very difficult when inside.

I intend to go to VW tomorrow if I cannot fix it. Anyone experienced that issue before?
Can you take a photo so that we can compare with a working top rail / maybe something fallen off?

Can you take a photo so that we can compare with a working top rail / maybe something fallen off?
Sorry I thought about it but it was 1 am last night when I posted. Here it is.

IMG_3660.jpeg

Sorted. Apparently you just needed to screw tighter the screws at the top of the door but they also used glue. In case it happens to anyone else.

And LMS service in Turku were nice enough to do it for free

Back