Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding rear seat forward in California T6 2016

K

Kazhaz2000

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
We’ve just bought a used vehicle and we’re delighted with it. Just wondering though if anyone can give any tips for sliding the rear seat forward - in online videos it looks so easy and smooth - but in our reality, it is really tricky - sometimes feel like I’m lifting it out of its runners. Could it be misaligned in the runner? Is there any oiling that would help the smoothness of the slide? Happy to learn from the experts! Thanks.

We’ve just bought a used vehicle and we’re delighted with it. Just wondering though if anyone can give any tips for sliding the rear seat forward - in online videos it looks so easy and smooth - but in our reality, it is really tricky - sometimes feel like I’m lifting it out of its runners. Could it be misaligned in the runner? Is there any oiling that would help the smoothness of the slide? Happy to learn from the experts! Thanks.
Welcome @Kazhaz2000 . Yes, it can be a challenge at times. The alignment does not get messed up, but usually it is dust in the channels that can cause it to be difficult to move. Also, there is a knack to it. You need to sit on the seat and then when moving ensure that it is stays level ... and most important - don't do it in a hurry. Practice, clean the channels and it will be fine.

Ian sure others will share their experiences as well.

Enjoy the Cali.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome @Kazhaz2000 . Yes, it can be a challenge at times. The alignment does not get messed up, but usually it is dust in the channels that can cause it to be difficult to move. Also, there is a knack to it. You need to sit on the seat and then when moving ensure that it is stays level ... and most important - don't do it in a hurry. Practice, clean the channels and it will be fine.

Ian sure others will share their experiences as well.

Enjoy the Cali.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thank you for your advice

Do Not Oil anything.
Under the seat there is a roller for each runner, that runs on top of the runner. There is then like a inverted T bar through the slot. When locked in place this inverted T bar is pulled up onto the underside of the runner that has slot like cutouts on the underside into which the T bar engages.
When moving the seat pulling the Flap/Lever up pushes the T bar down disengaging from the slots so the seat can run fore/aft..
So when moving the seat, sit on it to ensure it remains level. Firmly pull the seat lever up to disengage the T bar and then walk forward/backward. When in the position you want, release the lever. If it doesn’t flip down properly then jiggle the seat foe/aft and once the T bar engages in a slot then the seat lever will click into the the down/locked position.

This explanation makes sense to me but I hope it makes sense to you.:thumb

Hi, I've had my Cali for a month now and I know exactly what you mean I have found that it gets easier the more you use it. I have a similar problem and will post separately:thumb

Back