Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat stuck forward

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My back seat is stuck in the forward position and will not budge.
It happened once before and I did as was suggested on here on a different thread (which I can't now find) and pulled the lever up and then gave it an extra tug and it released. Not this time though. Feels like one side might not be releasing?
Any suggestions please? Typical it is just out of warranty!

If you put this into Google, site:vwcaliforniaclub.com rear seat stuck ,you might recognise one of the threads it brings up. Seems to happen for all sorts of different reasons, hopefully one of the solutions here will help.
Simon

Thanks for the links and suggestions.
I have checked everything I can think of - nothing obstructing the drawer, nothing at all behind the seat as I have now emptied the contents onto the drive and the seat won't budge at all - nothing, not even a tiny bit.
It folds back to make the bed OK and have tried doing that then putting it up again but no movement.
Will get husband to have a look when he gets back but please keep the suggestions coming.

If everything is clear, on my old Cali I use to sit on seat and push with my legs as that one always was hard to move.

I had a similar problem after putting the rear seat back in after removing it entirely (removing the rear seat is by far the worst idea ever).

Two things helped free it up, pushed the left hand side back, then the right hand side. I think it had go very slightly out of line, so wasn't square in the rails.

The second was to tip the seat backwards (push where the head restraints are so it tips)....this tilted the entire seat unit about an inch before it came back down, and then it worked again fine.

+1 for sit on the seat also....have to do that pretty much all the time to get it to move.

Thanks for the links and suggestions.
I have checked everything I can think of - nothing obstructing the drawer, nothing at all behind the seat as I have now emptied the contents onto the drive and the seat won't budge at all - nothing, not even a tiny bit.
It folds back to make the bed OK and have tried doing that then putting it up again but no movement.
Will get husband to have a look when he gets back but please keep the suggestions coming.
Any luck?

Yes thank you @WelshGas . Husband got in, gave it some welly and back it went - bl***y typical!
He has sprayed silicone stuff in the mechanism and moved it back and forward loads of times and it does seem to be moving easier and I am breathing a sigh of relief. Hate it though when that happens :(
I have put my stuff back into it and at least it has made me examine the contents of the drawer and also allowed me to adjust my seat covers when I was wriggling head first behind the seat.
Thanks for your suggestions - seems this was down to brute force. No way could I get it to move, even when my friend and I both sat on it and pushed.