Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding seat lever won't release

O

Orchy

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi - just tried to slide the rear seat forwards in our new 6.1 Ocean but unable to release the locking mechanism when lifting the release flap.
Applied considerable force to the point where I thought I'd snap off the plastic flap but no joy.
Has anyone any ideas how to resolve this issue?
Was planning to go away imminently and sleep downstairs....
Thanks

Hi - just tried to slide the rear seat forwards in our new 6.1 Ocean but unable to release the locking mechanism when lifting the release flap.
Applied considerable force to the point where I thought I'd snap off the plastic flap but no joy.
Thanks
Try sitting on the seat and rocking it as you lift the handle.

Thanks
This might be a crazy idea but are you pulling the correct handle (the one by the sliding door) and not the drawer release on the other side.

As said above you need to be sat on the middle of the seat and wiggle to move it. In a duck waddling fashion...

Try sitting on the seat and rocking it as you lift the handle.
Thanks for that. Confused by this issue. I did sit on the seat when pulling up the handle and moved my body weight but no success. The following day I tried again when the van was parked on my steep drive and it released instantly and moved forwards at great pace!
I then drove it to a flat area and tried again and it worked perfectly time after time.
This is the sort of problem I don't like as it will no doubt come back and bite me just when I'm setting up for the night....

This might be a crazy idea but are you pulling the correct handle (the one by the sliding door) and not the drawer release on the other side.

As said above you need to be sat on the middle of the seat and wiggle to move it. In a duck waddling fashion...
Thanks - yes I was pulling up the correct handle and moving my weight around on the seat - eventually resolved for now as in my reply to GrumpyGranddad.

Back