Moving bench forward

L

Lorri

T6 204 Ocean
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi.
Have a 16 Ocean, how (If It’s possible) can we override the “stop” when moving bench forward - so it practically touches the rear of front seat.- need a little more room in the boot to enable bikes to go in. At moment we have about 8/10 inches floor space between bench and front seat at the stop point.
Any ideas appreciated thanks.

Thats easy done, you just have to remove the metal stoppers
in the track, a flat head screwdriver and slide them to the front,
take away the plastic covers and you can remove them.

I don't know the key words to search for but there's loads of info about
it on here.

Thats easy done, you just have to remove the metal stoppers
in the track, a flat head screwdriver and slide them to the front,
take away the plastic covers and you can remove them.

I don't know the key words to search for but there's loads of info about
it on here.
Thank you will have a look tomorrow with screwdriver in hand

Stick yer finger through the rubber on the track
and you'll find them. :thumb

One thing to be careful of is that it is possible to remove the bench seat by sliding it right forwards so that the anchoring mechanism on the seat base aligns with some gaps in the floor rails. Not the silver ones you see but the ones underneath. You would need to make sure you don't end up with any of the anchor points lined up with the gaps in the rails as the seat would then not be properly secured and it might not be immediately obvious as the seat is so heavy. I have a T5.1 but assume this is no different on the 6.1.

One thing to be careful of is that it is possible to remove the bench seat by sliding it right forwards so that the anchoring mechanism on the seat base aligns with some gaps in the floor rails. Not the silver ones you see but the ones underneath. You would need to make sure you don't end up with any of the anchor points lined up with the gaps in the rails as the seat would then not be properly secured and it might not be immediately obvious as the seat is so heavy. I have a T5.1 but assume this is no different on the 6.1.
Will do, thank you

Just a warning!!!

I moved mine all the way forward today to get a big item in, stops removed a while ago.
When I came to slide it back it wouldn’t budge. Suspect it was partly out of its tracks but don’t know. I usually move it by sitting on it, operating the handle and pushing back and suspect as I was tight for leg room I lifted it out of alignment.

Solution was I laid it flat and was able to hold it and twist it side to side. Something clicked into place and I was able to slide it back.
Much relieved.

Mike

Back