Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Rear Tray for T6.1 Ocean

Virgil van Bike

Virgil van Bike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I was looking to purchase a rear sliding tray for my T6.1 Ocean, but according to Calicap.De:

Dear British customers!
We are not yet delivering anything to Great Britain because the formalities / customs declarations are too tedious for us at the moment. We will apply for the necessary registration of a tax / EORInumber in Great Britain in summer / autumn 2021.

Also, the club shop won't have availability until the summer.

Apart from building my own, are there any other decent suppliers?

Cheers

I was looking to purchase a rear sliding tray for my T6.1 Ocean, but according to Calicap.De:

Dear British customers!
We are not yet delivering anything to Great Britain because the formalities / customs declarations are too tedious for us at the moment. We will apply for the necessary registration of a tax / EORInumber in Great Britain in summer / autumn 2021.

Also, the club shop won't have availability until the summer.

Apart from building my own, are there any other decent suppliers?

Cheers
Disappointing that UK business is ‘too tedious’ for them. Perhaps a UK metal basher will seize the opportunity.

Good afternoon,

I believe it takes more time until we get use to the new arrangements / organisation.

We bought a lot from the UK (including from our Forum shop), but with the additional tax and customs it turns out rather expensive. Because of this we need to re-organize ourselves too.

I haven't checked it, but I was wondering how much UK Customs will add on tax and customs to incoming shipments. Because of this, the cost of items from the EU might be a good bit higher.

It is a pity and makes life a bit more complicated.

Happy California,
Eberhard

There are some on Ebay that are in the UK, but can't speak for the quality/service.

There are some on Ebay that are in the UK, but can't speak for the quality/service.

Doesn’t fit T6.1 unfortunately, unless the bench seat is pulled forward.

Come on UK metal fabricators, seize the opportunity!

Doesn’t fit T6.1 unfortunately, unless the bench seat is pulled forward.

Come on UK metal fabricators, seize the opportunity!
Probably, the problem there is that the parts will need to
come from Germany, unless you can rattle up a hinge manufacturing
shed.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot :headbang
I don't mean you Virgil.

Probably, the problem there is that the parts will need to
come from Germany, unless you can rattle up a hinge manufacturing
shed.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot :headbang
I don't mean you Virgil.
I’m sure a UK company could easily fabricate the metal components and heavy duty drawer runners are readily available.

Good afternoon,

I believe it takes more time until we get use to the new arrangements / organisation.

We bought a lot from the UK (including from our Forum shop), but with the additional tax and customs it turns out rather expensive. Because of this we need to re-organize ourselves too.

I haven't checked it, but I was wondering how much UK Customs will add on tax and customs to incoming shipments. Because of this, the cost of items from the EU might be a good bit higher.

It is a pity and makes life a bit more complicated.

Happy California,
Eberhard
Anything bought from the EU should be priced excluding EU VAT.
UK Customs will then add UK Vat which the recipient will pay. However it seems the Delivery Companies are cashing in on this process and charging additional " Admin/Handling" fees. I'm sure in time these Delivery companies who are cashing in on the change will start charging reasonable rather than exorbitant fees if they want to continue in business.
Ex. I recently purchased something for my son in Australia, from a California company. Exported from USA ex taxes. Imported into Australia so FedEx paid the Australian taxes and charged my son for those taxes + a Handling Fee of 2.5$AUD, and that was on an item costing 2000$US.
So UK/EU delivery companies charging upto £60 Handling charge are on the make.

Back