Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding table "stopper" - is this meant to be there?

markwww

markwww

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The internal sliding table on our recently purchased used 2018 Cali Ocean rattles against a hard plastic "stopper" which has been attached with a rivet and doesn't seem to be VW installed - see photos below. Can anyone confirm that this is not an original feature, and also what it might have been used for? Or am I wrong and all Californias have these things...

IMG_3500.JPGIMG_3506.JPG

It rattles if you don’t make sure the spigot locates in the hole.

Did you read the manual and what that says about the table and how to use it ?

If put away correctly our table dose not rattle. Spigot and socket fit very well to avoid rattles when stowed correctly.

Pages 41 and 42 of the manual help understand how to stow table correctly.

Aha! Thank you all - I can now see the spigot coming off the leg hinge, and sliding the table in carefully secures it very well with no rattle. Seems this was a real newbie question :oops: Er, no, I didn't read the manual on this issue. In my defence, I was so horrified seeing a rivet rather than a (removable/repairable) screw, I felt sure it was non-original!

Aha! Thank you all - I can now see the spigot coming off the leg hinge, and sliding the table in carefully secures it very well with no rattle. Seems this was a real newbie question :oops: Er, no, I didn't read the manual on this issue. In my defence, I was so horrified seeing a rivet rather than a (removable/repairable) screw, I felt sure it was non-original!
The sliding table leg is also riveted. Remember to lift the table before you slide it towards or away from you so that you don't pull out the rivets. These only go through one skin and are easily damaged.

Alan

As Alan says, and do not try moving the van with the table up and the under bench draw open !! Our worst newbie mistake, the draw shot out thumped the table leg putting a bit to much strain on a couple of the rivets!!

Good to know, thanks both. I already rejected the kids' request to travel with the table up so they could play a card game! I could predict a nasty dentist bill with that one. I'll take extra care in stowing the table too. Cheers!

The manual and label states that the California must not be driven with the table not in it's place.
The leg is not that firm and steady.
The only thing you could do is setting up the sliding door table in the kitchenette, but I would really not advise that too, because in an accident, everthing not secured in (the right) place, is a projectile and can do very much harm to everything and everyone it hits.

Back