Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding table stuck!

S

Sallyf

VIP Member
Sliding table stuck! Advice please we are staying in our van for the first time in over a year and cannot make our sliding table emerge.

We are on a gorgeous site in Mortehoe North Devon. Pretty cold and gusty but the heater is working beautifully and seeing the sunset over the sea was a real treat.

Hi, I’m sure you’ve made sure you are pressing the catch in as you try to slide the table out?
Can I ask, which campsite are you in? Sounds lovely, we’re looking for somewhere for a few days away around there in October
thanks

Have a look in the boot and see if any of your luggage is jamming it if you aren't sorted yet. My levellers fit nicely down the gap that side of the under seat drawer but occasionally jam the table shut if I put too much against them.. You'll soon see if there is something in the way.

I think there’s a bit of a knack of pushing the table back (towards the wardrobe) as well as pushing it in (towards the fridge) whilst releasing the catch... hopefully that’s all it is...

Try sliding the bench seat back as far as it goes and with the back completely upright.

Hi, I’m sure you’ve made sure you are pressing the catch in as you try to slide the table out?
Can I ask, which campsite are you in? Sounds lovely, we’re looking for somewhere for a few days away around there in October
thanks

As said by AJQ, you probably know. But then again, it took me nearly a year to realise that there was a catch there that could lock the table in place, and coincedentally remove the irritating rattle it was making.

Guess they found out how the table works , until just now 24h later they not even checked in to read our comment and tips....

Or they are still trying so hard to get the table out that they haven't had the chance to check the forums and are incredibly hangry by now because they haven't had breakfast yet :)

Or they are still trying so hard to get the table out that they haven't had the chance to check the forums and are incredibly hangry by now because they haven't had breakfast yet :)
They could just use the standalone table.

Back