Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small rip in canvas roof

A

alan bristol

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
on a very windy day I accidentally caused a small rip in my vw Cali canvas roof . Got trapped in metal hinge half way down .
Any ideas on how to repair it well ?
Either myself or someone who can do it professionally .
Alan bristol - white vw Cali beach 2014

You will also possibly have a ripple in the roof aswell, look at the side of the pop up roof inline with where the top of the scissor sits

Tear aid works wonders. I have not bothered having mine professionally done as it will probably happen again as soon as I do :(

on a very windy day I accidentally caused a small rip in my vw Cali canvas roof . Got trapped in metal hinge half way down .
Any ideas on how to repair it well ?
Either myself or someone who can do it professionally .
Alan bristol - white vw Cali beach 2014
I thought it couldn't happen on a t6 with the new canvas

Confusing Alan Bristol says Cali beach 2014 in his post but his vehicle says T6 ocean. Wonder which it is ?

Confusing Alan Bristol says Cali beach 2014 in his post but his vehicle says T6 ocean. Wonder which it is ?

Well I'm not exactly sure which model it is .
It might be a t5. The plate is 64 .
But the rip is there .and I have to mend it

If your Cali is 64 plate it is a T5. Did it have a bellows bungee fitted?

If your Cali is 64 plate it is a T5. Did it have a bellows bungee fitted?
Lol . Thanks . So at least I know it's a t5 now !
But I suspect it doesn't have a bungee fitted . But I ll have to look up what that is !

It was a t5 after all that. So now the million dollar question, has anyone cut a t6 bellows while roof closing or do they hold firm and the roof just bend,

I've got a T6 bellows on my T5 and although the newer-spec stiffeners usually ensure the fabric folds inwards safely, there have been one or two times when a sudden gust has blown one side out menacingly during lowering. And that's even with a bungee fitted.

So I still try to be uber-careful.

Back