Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Smell of butane

C

chris151151

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
New Cali four weeks old. I've left the gas connected, but turned off at the cylinder. Sometimes, but not every time, there is a smell of butane in the van when first entered, which rapidly dissipates. It's just a whiff, but not expected. Sprayed round the connections with gas leak gunk sprayno obvious leaks. Anyone got any ideas or experienced this? Thanks again folks for you guidance to someone who is completely new to all this.

Is the gas leaking out from the between the cylinder valve and the appliance, there will be gas in these lines.
New Cali four weeks old. I've left the gas connected, but turned off at the cylinder. Sometimes, but not every time, there is a smell of butane in the van when first entered, which rapidly dissipates. It's just a whiff, but not expected. Sprayed round the connections with gas leak gunk sprayno obvious leaks. Anyone got any ideas or experienced this? Thanks again folks for you guidance to someone who is completely new to all this.

Is the gas leaking out from the between the cylinder valve and the appliance, there will be gas in these lines.

I agree, if it's leaking in/around the tank, it's designed to vent to the outside - so you shouldn't smell it in the van...

I would have a gas pressure test done on the lines, its not
normal to smell the gas in the van.

I have only smelt a bit of gas when unscrewing the gas locker
and that was when i only connected the hose -finger tight- and i had
a towel under the gas bottle blocking the gas escape route.

Get it gas checked for piece of mind would be my advise, although
i'm a bit of a stickler for not getting blown up. :)