Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Snow Chains at Lidl

Kirk

Kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My mate picked up some snow chains in Lidl today, they look very good quality and come in various sizes but not had a chance to get down there to see if they have the size for our wheels. I think he said they are £20 per set :eek:

Re: Be ready for Winter - Snow socks and chains

We purchased some of these last year from Lidl for our Freelander, no brainer at £19.99 and made in Germany

Yes saw those when I bought a bargain boot organiser a couple of days ago.

I was also not sure what size chains to purchase and uncertain of the quality.

Fryers! said:
We purchased some of these last year from Lidl for our Freelander, no brainer at £19.99 and made in Germany

So was the Hindenburg airship :eek:

GrannyJen said:
Fryers! said:

So was the Hindenburg airship :eek:

PMSL :clap :clap :clap

We have a set of these , very good quality for £19.99 :clap

This is extremely good value for a set of chains. Has anyone used them yet? Id be interested to hear how they hold up?

I thought they were for car's only

Make sure you know how to fit them before you need to use them as well. Practice makes perfect.
Not fun in the dark in snow battling with the instructions. :evil: An old pair of leather gloves helps.
Personally, if it's safe I find it far easier to jack the vehicle up slightly to get the chains round the wheels.

Been watching this snow chains thread with some interest before I was converted to snow tyres I used to use mine quite a lot on my old A4. The ones I always bought were Weissenfels clack & go, auto tensioning and centring and fairly easy to fit / remove. Expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Ease of fitting and removal is very important when you choose your snow chains. When I have had to use mine in anger the weather has always been bad, heavy snow / wind, fitting chains in these conditions is no fun at all, if you don't carry a shovel you can forget fitting the chains as you will have to clear round the tyre. Overgear and gloves also essential.

Since I started using snow tyres in winter I have never needed them.

P1060128a.jpg