Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro Trip 2023

Loz2286

Loz2286

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi folks

Due to a recent change in circumstances my wife and I are bringing forward a trip to Germany, Switzerland and France. We are hoping to travel in June so we need to get our skates on booking things.

Our plan entails a Channel crossing then travel over to Karlsruhe in Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany to visit relatives. Does anyone know of a good site near to Karlsruhe, hopefully fairly near public transport infrastructure so we can visit relatives with ease?

After that we're travelling down to Switzerland to visit some other family members in the canton of Glarus. We are staying near the town of Glarus at Klontalerzee. We have narrowed down our site choice. Thereafter we are going on to Lauterbrunnen as recommended by @Pro moochers. :cheers

After that the plan is to take two/three day to return to the UK. Does anyone have any suggestions of great places to stay between Neuchatel and Northern France?

Does anyone have any suggestions of great places to stay between Neuchatel and Northern France?
About 3 hours from Neuchatel is Beaune, lovely town great burgundy wine. Decent municipal campsite within walking distance to centre. You must visit the excellent slightly eccentric chateau and exhibits nearby at https://www.chateau-savigny.com/

I would suggest that you join ACSI camping card. It’s worth it for the app alone. There are literally thousands of campsites that belong to ACSI and the cost is about €25 a year (January - January).
Discounts for low season which can vary from campsite to campsite.
The most you will pay is €23 per night inc electricity. We have been with them for 8 years and never regretted joining.
The books you get and the app for your phone or iPad give all the info you could ever want plus gps coordinates.
Everyone wants something different from a campsite and what one person loves the next hates, with the app you get Genuine feedback which we found very useful.

Have a great holiday.....

Would you recommend ACSI for family-friendly campsites in Brittany?

I would suggest that you join ACSI camping card. It’s worth it for the app alone. There are literally thousands of campsites that belong to ACSI and the cost is about €25 a year (January - January).
Discounts for low season which can vary from campsite to campsite.
The most you will pay is €23 per night inc electricity. We have been with them for 8 years and never regretted joining.
The books you get and the app for your phone or iPad give all the info you could ever want plus gps coordinates.
Everyone wants something different from a campsite and what one person loves the next hates, with the app you get Genuine feedback which we found very useful.

Have a great holiday.....
We used ACSI in France and Italy last year and found some amazing sites, at very good prices.

Another vote for ACSI we found some sites with up to 10 euro discount i.e. 35 euro down to 25 on a tour of Spain and Portugal last year

Beware, if you can only travel in high season you don't get the ACSI discount, thats what we found anyway, so it didn't work for us so never rejoined.

Thanks all.

Someone posted up, on the forum, a little while ago the link to a site that linked vanners with local hosts. I've tried looking for it, but as I'm a bloke I'm doomed to fail as SWMBO would say.

Thanks all.

Someone posted up, on the forum, a little while ago the link to a site that linked vanners with local hosts. I've tried looking for it, but as I'm a bloke I'm doomed to fail as SWMBO would say.
France Passion?

Back