Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So then, the Buzz Cargo is online for real

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Team, I really fancy the Buzz Cargo (having cancelled an ID Buzz order) ............. but now I look at the dimensions online.....it just seems SO SMALL inside!

Am I missing something (well obviously a few sandwiches ready for my picnic :D)

We had in mind converting one ourselves..... but I'm losing the faith a little now :confused:

Weirdly enough, whilst in Ireland a few weeks ago I bumped into an industrial designer who has designed a pop top exclusively for the Cargo :thumb he showed me a few plans and it looks great (going into production with a local converter) but I can't help but think it will still be small :eek:

Someone save me! I really want one and my heart is winning the argument!

Jerba Campervan did a video about converting an ID.Buz. They concluded they’d need to scale down their existing units by 15-20% to fit in the Buz.

I saw that….. and I still want one! I’m doomed I tell ye!

I saw that….. and I still want one! I’m doomed I tell ye!
Agree, I still want one.

I was thinking of taking a Buz and fitting it out like the Caddy California, with a rear kitchen and a bed platform that folds over the back seats. Ovano do something similar for T6 kombis etc, so should be doable….;-)

I found this video, gives a little more hope...........

I plan on turning my Buzz into a day van. I use the Cali at the moment for surfing and quite often it’s just quick over-nighters. Where I surf as much as possible, sleep, surf, pub, sleep, morning surf and drive back home.
So for weekends etc, I think the Buzz could work.
But I would use the ID instead of the Cargo, because it’s better equipped, has no bulkhead and has windows all round.

The plan is to make a shelf to align with the folded rear seats which will be the bed. Underneath the bed will be a sliding rack for storage stuff. Small compressor fridge/cool box between the front seats and make some stick on blinds for the windows.

I doubt the future Buzz California will be anything like the current Cali. Expect a new approach to the Campervan, because in current form the weight just wouldn’t work.
So expect, electric heating, possibly a small flip out stove with induction ring and less cupboards space. I imagine it will look more like a Beach than the Ocean.

Last edited:
I plan on turning my Buzz into a day van. I use the Cali at the moment for surfing and quite often it’s just quick over-nighters. Where I surf as much as possible, sleep, surf, pub, sleep, morning surf and drive back home.
So for weekends etc, I think the Buzz could work.
But I would use the ID instead of the Cargo, because it’s better equipped, has no bulkhead and has windows all round.

Im plan to make a shelf to align with the folded rear seats which will be the bed. Underneath the bed will be a sliding rack for storage stuff. Small compressor fridge/cool box between the front seats and make some stick on blinds for the windows.

I doubt the future Buzz California will be anything like the current Cali. Expect a new approach to the Campervan, because in current form the weight just wouldn’t work.
So expect, electric heating, possibly a small flip out stove with induction ring and less cupboards space. I imagine it will look more like a Beach than the Ocean.
Something between the Caddy California and Ocean/Beach?

ID Buzz. Type 2

Length - 4712mm. 4280mm
Width - 1985mm. 1720mm
Height - 1938mm. 1940mm
204hp. 52hp
Haha, that gives me hope :thumb

It's actually the inside dimensions that concern me, I don't mind it being a bit shorter but it's the width I'm worried about (ooh er Matron!)

However, if T2 owners could hack it then I'm sure we can (well, not deffo sure;))

It’s a shame Volkswagen didn’t have the front seats on swivel.
Fingers crossed the after-market guys come up trumps…

The price of refuelling an electric vehicle is set to go through the roof. Charging stations are not subject to the price cap so they will probably cost many time more than people pay today. Charging from your own house supply is probably going to be as much as filling with petrol or diesel.
With the price cap going up to over £5000 don’t expect a vehicle that’s economical.

The price of refuelling an electric vehicle is set to go through the roof. Charging stations are not subject to the price cap so they will probably cost many time more than people pay today. Charging from your own house supply is probably going to be as much as filling with petrol or diesel.
With the price cap going up to over £5000 don’t expect a vehicle that’s economical.
Well you do have a point there…. However at some time we wish to get on the ‘environmentally friendly bus’……. Also I reckon there is only one way that diesel prices can go………. So if life is gonna get more expensive we might as well take the hit and be green about it.

Also…….. my heart is winning this race, not my head or wallet :D

It’s a shame Volkswagen didn’t have the front seats on swivel.
Fingers crossed the after-market guys come up trumps…
I’m also thinking that! Maybe even the double seat swivel if I go that way…….

Jesus @Ozzy Pete it’s a surprise you can drive anywhere, what with that dinosaur tail forever getting in the way.
You just keep your head in the sand pal…
From you decrying people for using their cars to do short meaningless journeys to someone driving diesel guzzling and electricity guzzling vans. We are proving right now that putting all your eggs in one basket was never going to work.
There will never be the infrastructure in the next 7 years to power All new cars. With what we have now has got the power companies crapping themselves and asking us to not use washing machines between 5 and 8 pm.
What hope is there charging up 25million vehicles overnight. NONE.
Now Hydrogen combined with Electric that’s a different matter.
But then when you drive around blindfolded blaming everyone else and not looking in the mirror.

So then, back to the thread…….

Does anyone know or suspect if the bulkhead on the Cargo can be removed? There isn’t an option to deselect it on the configurator. I’m also wondering if the 230v option will allow high current (say 1 or 2 Kw?)

In answer to the charging of electric vehicles you guys should be proud to know that as a British sheet metal company we are shipping cabinets into Europe every month 360 kw is the largest output so far, we supplied all the charging cabinets for Glasgow to have electric buses for the climate conference, unlike petrol pumps the technology involved means constant design updates to support the increased kw demand's, hopefully we can add a buzz cargo to the electric vehicles we currently have, the 74 mile range of the electric T6.1 seemed a bit pointless,look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Whats the range of the BUzz, I was in VW last week having a chat and they told me none of the electric 6.1 vans were sold as they only had a range of 80 miles VW new that would be superseded and only contract hired them to customers over a 2 year period for just under £200 a month

Saw this, its pretty much what I was thinking of doing with the ID.Buzz to make it a camper....

Looks really good. Is this something he has made bespoke do you know? Or has a company in Europe already started manufacturing a camper system?

Well, the Buzz with a bed kinda vindicates my decision to cancel my pre order as far as I’m concerned.

As for the Cargo…… well I think I will do the difficult thing and wait until I can see/drive/play for real with one. Maybe the LWB will be out next year….. also the converters/suppliers might have developed front swivels and R&R beds that fit and are crash tested by then.

Also for the moment I don’t feel too bad about driving a diesel…….. as much as I want to save the planet I would like to see electricity prices settle before I ‘go all the way’ ……….

Well, the Buzz with a bed kinda vindicates my decision to cancel my pre order as far as I’m concerned.

As for the Cargo…… well I think I will do the difficult thing and wait until I can see/drive/play for real with one. Maybe the LWB will be out next year….. also the converters/suppliers might have developed front swivels and R&R beds that fit and are crash tested by then.

Also for the moment I don’t feel too bad about driving a diesel…….. as much as I want to save the planet I would like to see electricity prices settle before I ‘go all the way’ ……….

I wouldn’t expect to much for the Cargo.
Possl did an all electric concept transit PVC for the Caravan Saloon in Düsseldorf.
Apparently they had to remove the underfloor battery systems before they could do the van conversion, at major costs…

Back