Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So what else do I need

I was watching the California Chris video about the water systems in the 6.1 and he was suggesting that you know when it's full because water will overflow back out of the filler (he certainly didn't give any sort of warning not to do so).

I can't believe, given there is no gauge on the outside, that there should be any leaks internally from overfilling so I assume there must be some sort of issue with these ones mentioned above. Slightly concerning if that's not the case!

Well SWMBO said she didn't like the thought of drinking water being in there for a few days and will stick to the original of filling up our 2 litre insulated water container as and when needed on site!!!!!

Picked up an extra charging cable this morning from Toolstation - £32 for a 14m cable that can stay permanently plugged in to garage to keep Cali on charge. I'll get a cable cover to keep it flat beside garage; might even consider getting sparky to fit an outdoor socket nearby.

Double ended USB type C short cable ordered for phone charging and a double ended type C & A USb stick for media as no SD card slot...............................

Where do folk place their phones??

Well SWMBO said she didn't like the thought of drinking water being in there for a few days and will stick to the original of filling up our 2 litre insulated water container as and when needed on site!!!!!

Picked up an extra charging cable this morning from Toolstation - £32 for a 14m cable that can stay permanently plugged in to garage to keep Cali on charge. I'll get a cable cover to keep it flat beside garage; might even consider getting sparky to fit an outdoor socket nearby.

Double ended USB type C short cable ordered for phone charging and a double ended type C & A USb stick for media as no SD card slot...............................

Where do folk place their phones??
What happened yesterday?

I was watching the California Chris video about the water systems in the 6.1 and he was suggesting that you know when it's full because water will overflow back out of the filler (he certainly didn't give any sort of warning not to do so).

I can't believe, given there is no gauge on the outside, that there should be any leaks internally from overfilling so I assume there must be some sort of issue with these ones mentioned above. Slightly concerning if that's not the case!
Definitely a problem if it leaks out inside, probably with the pipe between filler and tank. I always fill my one until it comes out then drive with it in there ... never had any problem.

Thank you - hose looks good and will have a sniff around. Our water where we live in mid-Norfolk is quite hard and so is refreshing to drink so I thought it'd be nice to fill tank from here - good idea but the nearest (well only tap as others are on sinks) is at the back of our home...
Our taps aren't easily accessible either so I ended up buying one of these:

10L water can with a spout which I just fill from the kitchen tap. I also find it useful for dosing out Aqua Sol because I know exactly how much water I'm putting in and can just add it to one of the fills. It's definitely a bit of a pain compared to filling with a hose though, mainly because it doesn't have a breather hole so is a little slow to empty, but works for me and not enough of a problem for me to want to drill a hole in it.

Weren't you going to take delivery of the van on Tuesday?
Oh yes - it arrived v early from Preston and looks superb (al;though dirty from the drive). My son who is a pterol head came over last night and said the following 'I knew the cali would be good but it definitely surpassed my expectations' - i think this say's it all!!

It's a smother drive than I expected and so, so quiet with not even a single rattle anywhere!! Bare in mind I've come from an excellent 2007 T5 conversion so it was destined to be rather somewhat nicer!!

My wife is not a car person - it's grey as she say's but last night she was smiling at the front door while my son looked things over and has messaged from work 'Can we go for a ride this evening - perhaps fish & chips (we're roughly an hour from Cromer (north Norfolk beach))' so sounds a plan. She'll never drive it unless required in an emergency and drives a manual 2019 Golf GT estate which has same dash, so we'll see if perhaps she might this evening :)

Even the chap who bought my old T5 (who lives locally) wants to be kept up to date - he's really nice and will cherish our old 'Colin'

Names..................this has bounced around and at moment is a to55 up between 'The Hoff' after David Hasslehoff and Baywatch being in California or even Yogi after Yogi bear and California lol - we've even go Y and G in reg plate - it ends in LGA - which aptly stands for Let's Go Away lol

Update tomorrow!!!

Update - Lovely drive up to north Norfolk coast - mix of road and SWSBO said how comfortable and quiet it is - result. She said the downside being we can have a conversation now without having to shout over rattles and road noise lol.

Fish & Chips on Sheringham sea front pestered not by gulls but by pigeons!!! Then toodle home at speed limits and using ACC on A47 and A11 Cali returned an impressive 40.6 mpg!!!

I think we can now say all's good and all are happy - eldest son is already looking to book it out for a trip to the Dolomites next spring; that's if we aren't away in it lol

We have moved our Porta Potti from the boot to the cupboard. It just sits in there with the toilet paper to the right to stop it moving around. I have seen the Brandrup tray, what is the advantage of having it?

They are expensive, it's imported from Germany, probably made in relatively small numbers and has a Brandrup sticker on it. Could the toilet move enough to jam the door maybe.

I am coming around to the quality and practicality of Brandrup. I am just in the process of replacing the carpets from the front seats to the back. I got front vw carpets with the van and purchased the 3 piece plastic ones for winter use.

So, do I need a toilet tray?
Our Thetford 335 sits, strapped in, behind the drivers seat and is covered with a Dunelm Ottoman. The Ottoman is upside down so just lifts off. Toilet roll on an IKEA Sunnersta rail.

View attachment IMG_1386.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1387.jpeg

Back