Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty about to expire - what to do?

A

adinalee111

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Our warranty expires in December and we do not know what to do, so many problems seem to happen outside of warranty with the Cali and most problems are expensive, so far we have already had £8,000 worth of work carried out on our van under warranty ( roof problems, leaks, electrical tec..) so we do not have much confidence.

With the attraction of the new 5 year warranty we are considering selling up and getting a brand new one for delivery early next year, does anyone else sell up when their warranty expires?

Our warranty expires in December and we do not know what to do, so many problems seem to happen outside of warranty with the Cali and most problems are expensive, so far we have already had £8,000 worth of work carried out on our van under warranty ( roof problems, leaks, electrical tec..) so we do not have much confidence.

With the attraction of the new 5 year warranty we are considering selling up and getting a brand new one for delivery early next year, does anyone else sell up when their warranty expires?

Have you asked Vw if you can extend your warranty?

Are you sure a T6 is problem-free?
Your T5 can take some more years without problems i guess.

Had mine seven years no major problems either. I do have a van fund just in case.

Replace every 3 years, nothing like that feeling of walking into the dealership with a problem and know it will be sorted FOC, probably pay more in the long run with depreciation but I never keep a car outside of warranty.

• Thanks
Reactions: ab5
Replace every 3 years, nothing like that feeling of walking into the dealership with a problem and know it will be sorted FOC, probably pay more in the long run with depreciation but I never keep a car outside of warranty.
I thank you and people like you out of the bottom of my wallet Never bought a new car in my life, and had maybe one serious issue over the 30 years of car owning, replacing an engine (with an used one so not too expensive)... So please continue like you do and we both are happy campers.

Back