So what happened to my post?

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Last week I posted a post "Has anyone done the maths" which was a post asking if anyone had worked out how much the roof repair was going to cost VW this post has no was about the costs to VW rather than actual issues re roof rot this post is no longer on the forum. and if I look in "view your posts" it is not there. I was wondering what has happened to it and why it appears to have been removed. And if it has be removed I wonder why ? Have I been censored

I replied on this maths thread and all records of my replies are no longer in View My Posts either?
was there something contentious in the thread - I did not think so but would be nice to know...or is it just gremlins?

my sentiments as well David

There are moderators on this forum. I posted a comment that was critical of a product which is favoured by the top brass on the forum. That too has disappeared. What a wonderful world we think we live in.

I promise you nothing has been deleted, the thread started to go off topic with comments which were more relevant to the 'roof corrosion' thread so to avoid having two threads on the same subject it has now been merged into one.

MeonCoast, if you look in your latest posts you will see the topic is still there but now under roof corrosion -latest updates

(Look at around the 12th post)

search.php?author_id=2295&sr=posts

thanks ---------- other forums I have used tend to leave the title and add a note to say topic moved as off gone off thread

HistoryBob said:
There are moderators on this forum. I posted a comment that was critical of a product which is favoured by the top brass on the forum. That too has disappeared. What a wonderful world we think we live in.

Shame it wasn't true

david white said:
HistoryBob said:

Shame it wasn't true

Thanks David. It's a long time since I was called a liar! At 73years I have always prided myself on my honesty and integrity.
As a representative of the Forums organising team you have a duty to reply to members in a courteous manner and the rest of the management must be very disappointed in your reply on their behalf.
I also found myself unable to log into the forum around the same time that my post went missing. The answer I kept getting back indicated that my username had been switched off by a moderator. So what is one to think?
Now which of the four sentences in my post are you saying is untrue? Let's debate this off list as it could get nasty.

Back