Solar TX. Solar Panel.

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all

Has anyone on here installed this product to their Cali, they suggest its plug and play no drilling, no holes and about 30 mins to install. Looks very neat.

Seems very simple.

Hi all

Has anyone on here installed this product to their Cali, they suggest its plug and play no drilling, no holes and about 30 mins to install. Looks very neat.

Seems very simple.
So is this at about 1/3rd the cost. No Drilling and about 30 minutes or so for someone use to DIY.

I have no idea of a similar systems cost although it’s a bolt on it looks more cosmetic in it’s fitting than the other agricultural one I have seen advertised ie screwed/siliconed to the roof altogether a lot neater.

I have no experience of the system you are looking at. It looks neat and well finished. It is significantly more expensive than other options available.

I’m not sure how plug and play it can be. You’re still going to need to connect the charge controller to your battery with a fused cable.

Good luck.

I have no idea of a similar systems cost although it’s a bolt on it looks more cosmetic in it’s fitting than the other agricultural one I have seen advertised ie screwed/siliconed to the roof altogether a lot neater.
Mine is the above 4 bolts and that's it. Mind you I don't spend my time gazing at the roof. If you want a pretty one then go for it.

Hi it’s not just look good it’s the aerodynamics.

Hi it’s not just look good it’s the aerodynamics.
Aerodynamics on a Brick????? For heaven sakes!

If you really delved into the aerodynamics of the air flow over the brick that the California is you would see that a Solar panel fitted at the rear of the roof would have no measurable effect on the airflow turbulence over the roof from the front end/windscreen and certainly no effect on fuel consumption or noise at any speed that the California is capable of upto its maximum speed.

As I said, if you want to spend your time gazing at the roof then go for it. I can't even see mine until the roof is raised.

Aerodynamics on a Brick????? For heaven sakes!

If you really delved into the aerodynamics of the air flow over the brick that the California is you would see that a Solar panel fitted at the rear of the roof would have no measurable effect on the airflow turbulence over the roof from the front end/windscreen and certainly no effect on fuel consumption or noise at any speed that the California is capable of upto its maximum speed.

As I said, if you want to spend your time gazing at the roof then go for it. I can't even see mine until the roof is raised.
Mainly wind noise and you probably live in a bungalow. Not wishing to be rude.

Mainly wind noise and you probably live in a bungalow. Not wishing to be rude.
I do , but it now has 3 floors. That's what happens when you have a bungalow on a hillside and want to extend. :thumb

Do you have one!

unfortunately I look out into my drive and would see the Cali roof. Couldn’t live with it
Well a £1000 + compared to £400 or so, that’s an awful lot of Diesel, but your decision. Hope it’s got a good warranty. :thumb

You could say that about a Cali and a bongo. No insult meant to any bongo owners that might be on here reading this trivia.

But you have a Cali

You could say that about a Cali and a bongo. No insult meant to any bongo owners that might be on here reading this trivia.

But you have a Cali
Don’t get that comment, sorry. Only one New Vehicle Campervan with full Manufacturers Warranty available when I bought mine.
Initially I thought you weren’t aware that that Swiss Product wasn’t the Only Drill Free Solar Panel System available, and an expensive one at that. You didn’t mention that you were prepared to pay a significant premium so that it looks pretty. Instead we have “ Aerodynamics “ and when that fails to impress, Looks. Fine. Do as you wish. Personally I couldn’t care a toss what you spend your money on but thought I would tell you about a more cost effective alternative.
Goodnight. Don’t bother to reply because I won’t be reading it.:thumb

Hi all

Seems very simple.
Sounds expensive - Roger at https://www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk is terribly helpful and the one I got for my Cali came with a coiled cable for the pop-up roof. They now also do an app for your phone which gives you a record on how its working. Sprayed the aluminium dark grey to match my roof and no wind noise. Just 100 watts mans my fridge is always powered and Ive not seen it drop to less that 80% charge,..,

Hi all

Seems very simple.
@Roger Donoghue! Simple to install with easy to follow illustrated instructions.

Back