Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some people!!!

Billywizz

Billywizz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not been on this forum long but already finding some of the people on here rude and obnoxious. You quote or say one thing slightly wrong and the vultures from behind their keyboards come out! Not what I expected from quite a close community. I guess it’s the same with all forums....so forums aren’t for me I learn.
Safe driving/camping everyone.

Not been on this forum long but already finding some of the people on here rude and obnoxious. You quote or say one thing slightly wrong and the vultures from behind their keyboards come out! Not what I expected from quite a close community. I guess it’s the same with all forums....so forums aren’t for me I learn.

The forum grows with numbers each day new members signing in witch is great , this results in a group of people with diffrent views on things and ways of telling things .
Also the fact diffrent language/culture can sometimes be the cause of diffrerent opinions.
I myself had some comments of being to straigtforward in the beginning as you Brits are more conservative .After a while you get to see that for some people it's just the way they comunicate and not nescecary try to be rude .

All this aside we as forum/moderators try to keep an eye on rude comments and take action when needed.

In the end you get to see thru those (for some maybe rude) comments and you need to understand that everyone has the right for his own opinion. Try and ignore the posts you don't like and i'm sure the forum will give everyone much more positive influence rather than negative.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is deliberately rude. Things people say face to face in ordinary conversation and banter can look rude when written down, but no offence is meant, I am sure.

I hope you stay and enjoy the forum. :thumb

I do think some people say things on here that they would not say to your face. Just a fact of life in this digital age. If you think a comment is out of order, report it.

Things people say face to face in ordinary conversation and banter can look rude when written down, but no offence is meant, I am sure.
Especially when punctuation is missing or poor.

Personally I find the forum is full of well mannered, helpful, folks and when compared to other forums I have been a member of it is a pleasure to be part of it.

Dude, there are occasional rude/obnoxious posts on VWCOC, as on all internet forums. But I assume you're talking about the thread today "Vw t4 westfalia California" on which you made the same complaint. But no-one on that thread has been rude or obnoxious to you, IMHO.

It's an internet forum - an info exchange and sometimes a debating chamber, not a cocktail party. You're always welcome to post a wild guess rather than an informed opinion to any question (and I can only assume your first post in the T4 thread fell into that category). But don't then be surprised if folks with some real subject-matter knowledge jump in on it.

Just my opinion, no offence intended. :thumb

I have been on this forum since 2012ish when I first got the Cali and only once in that time have I ever felt someone was being a bit snidy to something I said....I find this forum one of the very few places that's full of lively chat, informative help and advice ....

Dude, there are occasional rude/obnoxious posts on VWCOC, as on all internet forums. But I assume you're talking about the thread today "Vw t4 westfalia California" on which you made the same complaint. But no-one on that thread has been rude or obnoxious to you, IMHO.

It's an internet forum - an info exchange and sometimes a debating chamber, not a cocktail party. You're always welcome to post a wild guess rather than an informed opinion to any question (and I can only assume your first post in the T4 thread fell into that category). But don't then be surprised if folks with some real subject-matter knowledge jump in on it.

Just my opinion, no offence intended. :thumb
Having read the thread in question I totally agree with your comment and the term “ Snowflake “ springs to mind.

The T4 Forum experts, including the potential buyer, all suggested a similar price in excess of £20 k for a good example, so I really don’t get the complaint.

Having read the thread in question I totally agree with your comment and the term “ Snowflake “ springs to mind.

The T4 Forum experts, including the potential buyer, all suggested a similar price in excess of £20 k for a good example, so I really don’t get the complaint.
Good on ya snowflake

I don’t think anyone is deliberately rude. Things people say face to face in ordinary conversation and banter can look rude when written down, but no offence is meant, I am sure.

I hope you stay and enjoy the forum. :thumb

That’s true.
Somethings don’t come out the same when written down. They can be written quite jovial and end up sounding more serious or rude than intended.

This is a forum at the end of the day, it makes me laugh when people get upset by the slightest offensive comment or if someone disagrees with them. Let me tell you there are many other forums that make this one seem very tame, also on here they appear to have a good bunch of mods.

Grow some !

Point taken guys, looking back it was nothing really...so I do apologise, must of been the emotional bad hangover I had that Easter morning!

Nice one.

Mike

People rude on a forum.... whatever next!

I figure some folk just like to be controversial, confrontational etc. Just to provoke a reaction. Does it matter? Not really. Is it worth leaving a perfectly good forum for our common interests over? Certainly not! Don’t let the buggers get on your nerves.

Just imagine if they had to talk to you....

Farl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been to three club meets now and amazed at how friendly and welcoming everyone is, none of the trouble makers appear to go to meets, I can only assume they stay at home to hide behind their screens.

It’s so easy to be a bit abrupt and thoughtless at a keyboard. Most folks are nice enough though.
Now..... bugger off and leave me alone!
Farl

Yeah but that T4 mob they're out of control! Nothing but OAP gangbangers! Sitting around all day waiting for a T5 to stroll in and POW!! :Nailbiting

9f4e1dfc49f31b589f12c23d6568a53e.jpg

Ha! Handrail Granny’s

Autocorrect is a bugger! Gansta Granny’s I meant!
The stress!
Farl