Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Something new for MY18 spotted at the factory

Probably a good plan. One downside possibly is leaving sink one down whilst cooking with right hob may result in cracking it?

Mike

Interesting coincidence - just started a topic on this two days ago. :)

Like it though - I think one of those things that many would say 'not needed' but once tried 'what a difference this makes'.

Presuming it could be retrofitted (at usual 'VW' parts prices...) but hinge positions would be different for the outer hinges notwithstanding the new inner hinges.

Last edited:
IMG_5305.JPG Picture of the hinges

Gosh, what brilliant original thinking by the VW design team. Pure genius to come up with that idea out of nowhere after so many years. An actual Cali user would never have thought of it . :D

So, if the gas struts have gone are they just held up by friction? Cannot see any sprung mechanism in the hinges a la Smev...

Just my luck to have a confirmed build week of 19
Love the look and practicability of a split work top

They just need to add a dish drainer underneath the left hand top, and they'll have caught back up with a 1996 T4 Cali ;)

Andrew (@Ajspicer) how can I order a worktop protector from you please? Do you have different colour options?

Many thanks.

Please private message me, text me on 07737385962 or email ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

Frosted kits are £24.95 and are usually in stock
Coloured kits are £29.95 and take a week or two to manufacture and send out. Sky blue, lime green and apricot have been popular with other Cali owners, some have also gone for colours similar to their paintwork.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Please private message me, text me on 07737385962 or email ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

Coloured kits are £29.95 and take a week or two to manufacture and send out. Sky blue, lime green and apricot have been popular with other Cali owners, some have also gone for colours similar to their paintwork.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew. I've seen the swatches you put on another thread so will decide on colour and then email you.

I also took some snapshots
The hinges will be alu-color instead of these black , without gasstruds!
IMG_5518.JPG
IMG_5519.JPG

Also lights are being put behind the sliding doors with a switch on the right of the kitchenunit
IMG_5521.JPG
And a larger mirror in the large wardrobe with a sort of shelf underneeth
IMG_5520.JPG
All this are details that should be there since long . Why it taken them so long to split up the coockerglas?

Thanks,

Andrew.
Hello Andrew - can you put up a link to pics of the different colours? I can't seem to find it on a search. Ta.

Is this a running change? Our planned for 2018?

Thanks. I'll give that a go :)
Wow - those look REALLY nice! My theme (ha ha, just call me Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen!) is set by my lovely rugs bought from that classiest of establishments, 'The Range'.

I'll sit in the Hamster tomorrow and have a think about what colour to order. As per a previous thread, I love the Cali with all its inbuilt clever stuff, but really hated the dull Germanic greyness of it. My rug is ochre, denim blue and red, and my back seat throw is a lovely ochre colour. All very warm and lovely. (I started out with a really nice throw I bought from a craft fair which was turquoise plaid, then I got turquoise rugs. But the throw was pure wool and just shed woolly bits everywhere. Absolutely disaaaaster dahlings! It had to go!)

So I'm thinking a denim blue or a nice tasteful deep red for my worktop protectors. My husband also has designs on the pillar and cill stickers for the outside. We'd better get on and do some invoicing this month ..... !

Back